WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. I own this watch and it is good and busted after someone I won’t name dropped it. I was going to sell it for parts but had a change of heart. It was the second watch I ever bought and always a favorite.

Is it possible to find a replacement movement, even if not exactly the same?

How much might such a project be expected to cost? Sentimental value only goes so far before we arrive at stupid money and cutting down on stupid was my new year’s resolution.

Any and all insight appreciated.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Hi! Looks like a watch worth repairing/restoring. For me, if everything else apart from the movement is in good condition, I would feel it like an obligation to bring it back to life. Even if I sell it afterwards.
The AS 2063 shoudn't be that hard to find, either as a movement or in a vintage watch for spares. The expense will be mainly on your watch repair service. It may turn out a whole new movement is not needed, but just sourcing some parts.
I guess the first step will be to take it to a professional to have a look at it and evaluate the damage. Hopefully someone recommends a good service in your part of the world.
Ivan

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sounds like it needs a service and repair. AS2063 movement spares and parts are available, but it's unlikely you'll have to replace the whole movement. Part of people's fascination with watches is that they are designed to be repaired. Repair after dropping watch is very common.

Servicing an automatic movement is around $150-$200, repair would be more, but I wouldn't think that much more, depends on what's wrong with it. If you've had it for more than 5-10 years it probably needed a service anyway.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Def worth fixing, tons of parts for that mvt. Any watchmaker can sort that out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts