WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on reading the U2's rotor making noises in another thread, I can't help but observe my U1's rotor reaction.

Now I've observed in an attempt to stimulate rotation (holding the case with my right hand and taping the side of the case on my left palm) on my U1 that the rotor ain't very smooth in spinning. In fact, I tried doing that a couple of times and it eventually felt resistive to spinning and it didn't spin as freely. Kinda felt like the spiring's wound to its max and couldn't wind anymore further. After doing it several times the rotor didn't spin anymore :think:

The feel of the U1's rotor isn't as smooth as when I did that with a seiko or with other brands. In fact, when I did the same action on other watches (including my dad's rolex) their rotor seems to spin ever readily and smoothly. I could even feel a slight vibration on the watch. But this is not so with my U1. :-S

Could some U1 owners out there care to check theirs and kindly update and share if I'm the only one facing this situation. Or is there a technical explanation to the Phenomenal I'm experiencing I hope to be assured about my U1. Help pls!!!!

Thanks in Advance....

·
Registered
955 Posts
Just purchased a U1, so I will check. I know that my other autos have clutches so you cannot over wind... I thought all modern autos had this feature.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't think theres anything wrong with your U1 - the vibration syndrome is more specific to the 7750s....

My U1 does not be even feel like it has a rotor but I hasn't stopped since I started wearin it and I haven't wound it at all

·
Registered
46 Posts
The rotor on my U1 sounds a bit noisy although it does spin smoothly.
I can't help but think that something is not right inside although the watch itself works fine. This funny sound I could do without as one would think that the rotor if anything should make zero sound when spinning.
I would like to see a U1 opened and the rotor being spun in action- if anyone is gain please post a video. I know tall order.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have had about 20 automatic watches in my brief collection experience, and I could hear all the rotors to some degree... how can you not? It is winding a gear that is racheted. Granted, some I need to put up to my ear, but I still hear it.

If it is REALLY loud, maybe the rotor is not seated properly on its mouting bearing. I did have that happen on an ETA one time when I gave it a little too much shock.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I don't think theres anything wrong with your U1 - the vibration syndrome is more specific to the 7750s....
I think maybe chronographs in general too, coz I can feel the movement in my Lemania 5100 watches on the slightless wrist movement sometimes and its even audible in a quiet room.

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
The ETA 2892 are incredibly loud, in my experience, and I can hear the 2824s, though they are not noisy, in my experience. No comparison with Rolex, though, I am afraid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts