WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve bought this Omega watch in 1998. Since the first moment I saw it, I felt in Love with it, however I`ve been trying to find information about it and up to this moment, Nothing. Does anyone of you knows which model is it and what year was manufactured.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Sorry I deon't know what the caseback ref #'s are. But I suspect its a manual wind cal 6xx from the 60s and possibly earlier with the cal 30t2? Take a pic of the movemnt with the serial and cal. number and you'll have a lot more info. Otherwise-its hard to tell for sure but I think it may be an original dial with applied Omega and logo in SS which is very nice indeed. Original black dials from this period are getting harder to find. If you get a tube ($5) of a compound called polywatch you could polish your crystal up easily in minutes and look almost as clear as a new glass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. I`ll upload a better picture with the info you`ve detailed. I`ve tried to find this watch info on omega.com by introducing the model but nothing appears.

Best regards.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Here you go:

OMEGA Watches: Vintage Watches Database

I think the watch started out as a Geneve Cal. 562, but it was redialed/repainted in the past. It looks like the person who repainted it just painted the dial black, instead of going back and adding the text and Geneve name. These Geneves are really great looking watches with the original Geneve script.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kyle: This is awesome! Indeed, Omega watches (vintage) are very beautiful. Now that you`ve mentioned about a repainted watches, now I see some details on the one I own.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kyle.

Hi! I would like to ask you if you know where I can buy the Geneve Cal. 562 crystal?
Today I've hit the wall by accident and my watch crystal has a big scratch now...

Have a great day

Guillermo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts