WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I go about finding a value of a used timepiece? I have come to the conclusion that it’s time for my beloved Twinsixty 2 is seen enough of my wrist & should move on. I need the money & I rarely wear her. I used to wear this piece as a daily & have sent it a couple times for a basic service & most recently in March for a full service at BUSA for almost $600. Since returning I haven’t worn it but a dozen times & spins its life away on the winder. And is under warranty until March of 2007

The question is what do I price it at? It’s a used piece but I know the Twinsixty 2s were kind of a rare birds. I don’t want to look like an idiot asking way over what it may be worth. But with the financial concerns I have I need to squeak as much as I can out of her.

Sorry for the poor pics as I’m at work & this is all I have here. It will be sold with the bracelet. The brown 22-20 Croc strap will be sold separately. There are fingerprints all over in these pics but it is looking mighty fine now.

Thanks
Sean

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,940 Posts
Both faces have very similar fonts. I can see where you would see one in the other at first glance. I have always liked the premier with arabics as opposed to roman numerals which was also available.

Found a lovely image at a local emporium site....

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I too really like the font B uses for the numbering. Bump for a nice watch although I am not sure what the value is on one of them.

·
Registered
238 Posts
A twin sixty w/black dial just sold on Ebay for around $900.

Others, that have four sub dials and don't look like yours, are going for $2k +

I'g guess the watch is worth about $1200. I think the guy for $900. got a good deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
:roll: but he didn't get it for the $810.00 - "the watch was on ebay for about an hour " before he ended early.

He didn't disclose how much he paid. It was from a friend & it needs a service.

Mine is still under warranty, Fully serviced in March & is currently at Breitling USA for a final polish before the sale. I will not be wearing it for one second to ensure it is pefect for the next owner.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Even $1,200 would be too little for that watch. Does it really cost that much on the second hand market? I'm sure if you go to a reputable second hand watch dealer they'll be able to offer you a good price. How much did you pay for it and how old is it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts