WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum- value the knowledge base of "experience". I bought my first Invicta- a 10667 "diver". Took to the watch shop (authentic swiss trained technician, nice Swiss lady who runs shop) for band adjusment and she advised me that it was not truly waterproof, not to even shower in it. She said "You should see all the "waterproof" Invictas we get in here with water inside them." Now I don't dive, but would like the freedom to dunk my wrist if I have to without fear. Any advice about the lack of waterproofing in this brand? It is quartz

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
New to this forum- value the knowledge base of "experience". I bought my first Invicta- a 10667 "diver". Took to the watch shop (authentic swiss trained technician, nice Swiss lady who runs shop) for band adjusment and she advised me that it was not truly waterproof, not to even shower in it. She said "You should see all the "waterproof" Invictas we get in here with water inside them." Now I don't dive, but would like the freedom to dunk my wrist if I have to without fear. Any advice about the lack of waterproofing in this brand? It is quartz
Her opinion is no more valuable than anyone else's here; however it's nice that she was pleasant and had your best interests in mind.

Get the watch pressure tested. Then you'll know the truth. Opinions aren't very useful compared to test results.

·
Registered
7,728 Posts
IN MY OPINION you should Send it back to INVICTER & purchase another brand.You won't find much love here for them.
They are notorious for crappy watches,CRAPPY SERVICE & SHADY SALESMAN

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
IN MY OPINION you should Send it back to INVICTER & purchase another brand.You won't find much love here for them.
let's try to be less harsh to the newer members...

Reactions: Babette18

·
Banned
372 Posts
As far as I know Invicta has poor Quality Control. Some Invictas are good quality, others are bad, it depends on your luck.

About the waterproofing, just get it tested at a local watch shop. It is really cheap and will show you if the watch is waterproof or not.

·
Registered
7,728 Posts
let's try to be less harsh to the newer members...
Sorry was just trying to save them time , $$$ & heartache..

I said IMO
:-x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL- no harm, no foul- prefer succinct to fluff. Did not pay over $60 for it, like the look. ()My indiglo timex was $32). I am newly addicted to the watch hunt, so it was a first time purchase. Found this forum while investigating the waterproof issue- that's a win! Probably worth the moey for hat alone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Her opinion is no more valuable than anyone else's here; however it's nice that she was pleasant and had your best interests in mind.

Get the watch pressure tested. Then you'll know the truth. Opinions aren't very useful compared to test results.
So- If the presse test is a fail, I can return the watch based on that?

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
The truth hurts....But she told you the truth.
I doubt you can return it, unless you used a credit card....In which case, whatever...Return it and buy something that is better.
This is my expert opinion.

Reactions: Babette18

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
LOL- no harm, no foul- prefer succinct to fluff. Did not pay over $60 for it, like the look. ()My indiglo timex was $32). I am newly addicted to the watch hunt, so it was a first time purchase. Found this forum while investigating the waterproof issue- that's a win! Probably worth the moey for hat alone.
Honestly - you're right about that last sentence. I've learned a ton about watches since coming here. It's been fun. And a little expensive (but not in a way that I mind).

I don't have any personal bias for or against Invicta. I know a few people who own them, and are happy with them. But they don't dive or swim with them. You'll find, if you choose to buy another watch (and you likely will), that there is a lot of love for dive watches here - and a ton of really great watches with fantastic build quality and reliability for all sorts of places on the price range. The Seiko 'Monster' series, in particular gets recommended often - and rightly so - they're great watches.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Honestly - you're right about that last sentence. I've learned a ton about watches since coming here. It's been fun. And a little expensive (but not in a way that I mind).
I've learned a lot about spending a lot of money for excellent watches on this forum. I could have drowned dozens of Invictas and be financially ahead (although, debatably, with less enjoyment) for the cost of one excellent waterproof diver that needs serviced and pressure tested every couple of years... at a cost of a few more Invictas. So while collecting quality watches and appreciating their quality is enjoyable, don't let anyone imply it is less (financially) smart to buy an Invicta over some high-end watch brand. That's just a bit of watch passion and snobbery leaking out from the seals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts