WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I could easily close my eyes and envision that the absolute 'best' place (as you put it) to buy a Rolex or Omega watch would be at a waterfront dealer on one of the Caribbean Islands shortly after being announced as the winner of some Super Lotto drawing and as a second purchase after first buying a yacht that is parked at a dock in front of the appropriate AD.

Seriously, figure out what you're asking and let us know. Do you want a strategy for getting the cheapest price? There are threads discussing potential discounts. Are you asking where in the world prices are the best? There are threads for that too. You sign in here with posting number one and don't give a clue as to where you're located or what you're 'really' trying to find out. There's a boatload of information here and people willing to help with serious and focused questions. Do some preliminary research that is easy to find and when your choices are narrowed, take advantage of what's offered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for your prompt reply.
was planning for Europe trip and have check some forums earlier. but may i know what's AD? where can i find them?
please advice and Thanks.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
The term 'AD' refers to an AUTHORIZED DEALER. Throughout the world, Rolex very tightly controls who can retail their products, demanding certain display and inventory requirements in order to offer the watches. There are also other contractual requirements and probably unwritten rules that must be followed in order to have the prestige of offering the Rolex line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
noted with thanks, kawika ...
however, i saw some forums said that HKG AD were the cheapest among ASIA. was it for real?
i'm planning to have my holidays in Paris, London, Amsterdam?
may i know where is the cheapest among the 3?
for US trip, i got NYC, SFO, Chicago and LAX ... which is the cheapest as well?
please advice and many Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
noted with thanks, kawika ...
however, i saw some forums said that HKG AD were the cheapest among ASIA. was it for real?
i'm planning to have my holidays in Paris, London, Amsterdam?
may i know where is the cheapest among the 3?
for US trip, i got NYC, SFO, Chicago and LAX ... which is the cheapest as well?
please advice and many Thanks.
In EU prices will be the same everywhere, so it depends upon your haggling skills.. :)

US will probably be cheaper because of weak US$.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This has been discussed a billion times here on the forum.

The best price is when you actually get your ass to the Authorized Dealer and negotiate.

No one is going to magically give you a good price online or phone call.

Put the money down the table and negotiate.

People that buys Rolex expects to pay MSRP when they walk in the store, especially on hot models such as the Submariner, Datejust.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Dont come to Europe.. its a lot more expensive in the ADs.. Non ADs in Italy have good prices. The best prices I've seen are in Malaysia and Singapore

1 - 12 of 12 Posts