WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Hope all if well with you. Staying safe and healthy! I am thinking about trading for a BLNR and wondering what you all think about this one. Is it a bit rough?
IMG_7664.JPG

·
Registered
31,987 Posts
You need better pics to determine legitimacy and all that jazz but on the assumption it’s real, That is very rough

·
Registered
33,243 Posts
Factor in a good case and bracelet re finishing and it will look like new again, but the price should reflect its current condition.

All this obviously assuming you are happy with its authenticity first.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ad long as bezel is in good shape, i dont see a reason to be scared. Just make sure the authenticity and price reflects current condition of the watch.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looks like surface scratches mainly on the bracelet from actually wearing it, Easily remedied if it bothers you. If you can verify authenticity and get a good a deal, then yeah get it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
people shy away from blemishes
I embrace them,they are an opportunity for
a break in price...That Batman at the right price
can be made to look new for a few hundred or you can rock
it as a daily and enjoy the patina

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Given that so many BNLRs seem to be sitting in bank deposit boxes, grey dealer windows, or the safe except for occasional photography before being put back again, I can understand the look of a well-used one turning many stomachs here. It has plenty dings and scuffs given its age, but if it's legit (can't tell from one internet picture) it'll brush up just fine.

One thing that bothers me: at 9.27, I'd expect the hour hand to be within a whisker of the half-way point between the 9 and 10 markers. Instead, it's at barely 9.20. Maybe it's the angle of the photo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Little bit of wear of ok... it’s got a lot.. but I don’t think it’s fake. Depends on the price of it. Wouldn’t pay regular retail for that.. always relative to condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Comparatively speaking, it's rough. But as others have mentioned, it'd look mint after a trip to RSC.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'd pass, but I'm a maniac when it comes to keeping scratches off my watches. If it doesn't bother you, you could wear it until it needs a service and then have them fix it up. It'd probably look next to new afterwards.

·
Banned
8 Posts
It's been through a lot of love and it shows but if it speaks to you then you should go ahead and buy it. As other people have said, you can always bring it in for a service and polish and it'll look great.

·
Registered
106 Posts
As someone who beats the hell out of his watches once owning them for over a few months, I say just do it. If it bothers you, get it polished up. If it doesn't, it has character and you'll wear it without worry. This is all assuming the price reflects its wear.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts