WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I know there are several threads out there offering opinions on R**ex Submariner homages. I'm looking for a new piece but I'm having trouble digging through the threads.

Thought I'd ask for an updated opinion. I like the Alpha line but I'm not married to it.....yet.

The things that are important to me are:
Accuracy (I know this is a stretch for an homage, but I'd like COSC standards if possible)
Bracelet construction (solid end links if possible, brushed accents, etc)
Smooth bezel operation
Magnified cyclops over date window
Hand winding with hacking as options
Water resistance (100-300 meters ideally)

Am I shooting for the moon??

Any recommendations you have are much appreciated!

Also, if you know of any coupon codes or great deals, pass them along! :-!

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
A bit more info on your requirements would be handy, specifically does it have to be Chinese and what price range are you looking at?
The fact you mention Alpha suggests you're looking for something sub (pun intended) $100 in which case the Alpha is a good bet (I've owned one and liked it) and the Alpha Invicta 8926 has a good rep on the Affordables forum. If you can afford a bit more you might want to look at the Orient 2ER and if you can go up to the $400 mark I'd recommend a Robert Poseidon or Steinhart/Debaufre Ocean-One.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input.

I actually pulled the trigger on the Invicta 8926C today. It'll be a good entry point before climbing the ladder.

It'll be here Saturday. Good deal on Amazon. About $78 before shipping.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Thanks for the input.

I actually pulled the trigger on the Invicta 8926C today. It'll be a good entry point before climbing the ladder.

It'll be here Saturday. Good deal on Amazon. About $78 before shipping.
Very happy to help. Hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Good choice man! Post some pics when it gets home. I pulled the trigger on regular 8926 with non-coin edge bezel just 2 days ago as well. Should be here on Sat or Mon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts