WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Has anyone ever come across with such a movement? As far as I can see it's a repeater on board, isn't it? If it's true, on you opinion, what parts are missing?

3754494356_2.jpg

3754494356_1.jpg

3754494356.jpg

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I see... Thanks Enrico, you just saved me from a rash spontaneous purchase.

Отправлено из моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,447 Posts

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,146 Posts
It can't be an alarm since the isn't an extra hand to set the alarm time. If it isn't a repeater, it should be a sonnerie. I would still stay well away since there appear to be parts defective or missing and replacing them on a movement that old yet that complicated will quickly become very expensive.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
It can't be an alarm since the isn't an extra hand to set the alarm time. If it isn't a repeater, it should be a sonnerie. I would still stay well away since there appear to be parts defective or missing and replacing them on a movement that old yet that complicated will quickly become very expensive.

Hartmut Richter
Hartmut
In general I 100% concur
That said, I never saw Enrico incorrect hence I ask his re-confirmation

Adam

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, gentlemen. I've postponed the purchase till all the things get clear. BTW, the owner asks 150usd for it... The watch is in good working condition except its "musical" abilities.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Thanks, gentlemen. I've postponed the purchase till all the things get clear. BTW, the owner asks 150usd for it... The watch is in good working condition except its "musical" abilities.

For $150 GRAB IT!

·
Registered
494 Posts
It's an alarm watch . It's missing the intermediate setting wheel with the cam to release the hammer. The Wheel that's overlapping the edge of the case is the setting wheel for the alarm . The ledge on the lip of the bezel is used to stand the watch up .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for exhaustive explanation, gentlemen. The matter is settled.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Most of these had a +/- 5 min slop in the alarm activation . If the missing wheel were there you would see that it has a high tooth count . You can also see that the amount of slide on the hammer release would prevent it from being spot on .

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,146 Posts
No, that's not really what I meant. In the absence of any alarm hand, dial (or even movement) side, I am confused about how the owner would know even remotely when the thing would go off once set.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
No, that's not really what I meant. In the absence of any alarm hand, dial (or even movement) side, I am confused about how the owner would know even remotely when the thing would go off once set.

Hartmut Richter
Hartmut
I hope this may help. This is mine. That wheel is currently missing

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice pic Adam ! There is a cam on the underside of the indicating wheel . It has a notch that coincides with the hand , the two halfs of the wheel turn together when the cam meets the beak , it releases the hammer ( at the lower left hand side of the photo )

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Nice pic Adam ! There is a cam on the underside of the indicating wheel . It has a notch that coincides with the hand , the two halfs of the wheel turn together when the cam meets the beak , it releases the hammer ( at the lower left hand side of the photo )
Thanks
Its a lovely piece, it needs a service, just oiled, its all working. I am looking for someone to do a few of my greats. Some more pictures:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts