WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,

I do post on here but it's not very often - Usually I'm on the vintage digital sites as that's my love

However I've been wanting a suunto / protrek for some time and the design of the military all black Ultimate really caught my eye.

It's a shame they decided to go for the poor option of a negative display - I have perfect vision and still find them hard to view

So, I decided to change it - The only issue was dismantling the case and I experimented with the all black before and must of had a sticking bezel because it just wouldn't pop off , when it did it was bent and the re inserting it I applied a touch too much pressure and cracked the LCD

Thought I'd try again with the ultimate as the bezel simply screws on -

Here is my result - much much better and have set the contrast to 10

·
Registered
132 Posts
I like it. I'm a big fan of my core brushed steel but not of the negative display. Been thinking about doing this same mod so thanks for the inspiration!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this was the first attempt - sent it back to suunto in the hope they will fit a new display as no one sells spares !!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like the green tinted display. My effort was to just swap modules, as I didn't have the guts to mess around with the polarizing filter.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Blimey! You just press a button on the Ambit 3 and it changes to negative or positive!

Reactions: morey000

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it's to do with the electroluminescent screen behind - I've used a polorizer that I use on all my Seiko digitals , it should produce a clear ( grey ) display but here it was either dark purple or green

1 - 6 of 6 Posts