WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife seems convinced that despite ADs not being able to offer a strong discount on a Rolex, they would still be able to give me a discount if I bought something else, a necklace or earrings, perhaps even giving me a $200 USD piece for free. Has anyone ever heard of this?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
My wife seems convinced that despite ADs not being able to offer a strong discount on a Rolex, they would still be able to give me a discount if I bought something else, a necklace or earrings, perhaps even giving me a $200 USD piece for free. Has anyone ever heard of this?
Seems reasonable that if they tell you they'd love to give you a discount but Rolex doesn't let them, then they would be more willing to negotiate on a piece of jewelry purchased at the same time as the watch.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I was shopping for a Rolex for me and an eternity ring for my wife. The AD was willing to give me a good deal on the ring if I bought both. I ended up just buying the Rolex and still got a very good deal.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the only watches I'm interested in are Rolex and Tudor, who only allow 5% and 10% discounts respectively. Do you think they'd eat the sales tax? Idk how to get any other deal. They're forced to not give discounts, right?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Well, the only watches I'm interested in are Rolex and Tudor, who only allow 5% and 10% discounts respectively. Do you think they'd eat the sales tax? Idk how to get any other deal. They're forced to not give discounts, right?
Rolex doesn't allow any discounts but there aren't any restrictions on Tudor.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Interesting I have tried to get discount on Tudor in the U.K. And been told. I as it's a protected brand

This was on a black bay with the old movement at a time the new one was out so in effect it was obsolete stock (kind of) and they still wouldn't budge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38,538 Posts
A smart AD will not quote over the phone.
I dunno about you guys, but I just made a deal with my AD for one these brands for a hair above grey market price. I'll pay a little extra just for the piece of mind of having purchased through a AD and the warranty. I work down the block from the Rolex service center.

There are many ADs that you can call all over the country. I would just keep calling around. Someone will make you a good deal.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Agreed. They will know if you're simply shopping for the best deal and it is a one-time sale. However, if you buy other things or are a repeat customer, your odds go up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts