WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone follow him on YouTube? Somehow I managed to miss his channel until today. He has over a 100k subscribers, so he's no secret. Great watch restoration videos. I highly recommend him. He's a funny dude as well, so the videos are entertaining and extremely informative. Each restoration is accompanied by brand and/or model history and a watchmakers insight into it. If you haven't already, go check out his channel. He doesn't have a ton of videos. But then, each video isn't filled with nonsense.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
IIRC, this is the watchmaker who started Speake-Marin, and who the company is named after. He got into some disagreements with the company's new owners, so he's split off with other projects like this. Definitely a respected watchmaker in the industry.

·
Registered
41,751 Posts
IIRC, this is the watchmaker who started Speake-Marin, and who the company is named after. He got into some disagreements with the company's new owners, so he's split off with other projects like this. Definitely a respected watchmaker in the industry.
Sat next to Pete at a WIS event in late 2006.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I very much doubt it’s Peter Speake-Marin. His voice and accent is completely different. I guess the confusion is because similar names (but spelled differently) of Peter’s blog and the YT channel.

That being said, the Nekkid Watchmaker channel is fun to watch and has good content.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Saw him put back together a messed-up looking Citizen Navihawk and made it run again. Amazing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just watched him take apart and repair a Breitling Aerospace. Great video, and a good warning about using the wrong size battery in a quartz watch.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I’m one of his subscribers. I love how he keeps his presentation light hearted and approachable to those who don’t know much about watchmaking. His commentary has genuinely made me laugh out loud quite a few times.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I very much doubt it’s Peter Speake-Marin. His voice and accent is completely different. I guess the confusion is because similar names (but spelled differently) of Peter’s blog and the YT channel.

That being said, the Nekkid Watchmaker channel is fun to watch and has good content.
I actually took a look, didn't realize that there was actually a channel called "nekkid" watchmaker; I thought OP was being funny with Speake Marin's "naked watchmaker" moniker. Looks like both of them are Youtube channels.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I originally thought Nekkid was his name, ie being non English - but I now think Nekkid is UK black country dialect-speak for Naked, as in The Naked Watchmaker.

I will also mention Richard Perrett, and Mark Lovick

Clearly all consummate watch makers, and a pleasure to watch their restoration videos.

·
Registered
9,905 Posts
Thanks for pointing this channel out!

It's actually really good fun to watch, a very entertaining mix of profound competence and childish joy. I really laughed out loud when he points at the gear train and goes "here's the train. Choo-choo!" in this video.. 🤣

So much better then all those guys on YouTube explaining what watches to collect, which brands are cool and which are not, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have probably seen everyone of the Nekkid Watchmakers videos, some of them twice. Anyone know how can I reach him? I want to know if he can fix my Omega Seamaster Automatic from the 1950s. It was my grandfather’s watch and it stopped working about 10 years ago. I would love to see him working on my watch on one of his future YouTube videos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts