WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK guys I hated to do this, but I just got word from Pat Regan. Seems he wasn't ready for the photos to be released. I thought we were good, but apparently we crossed wires regarding the photo shoot.

Anyways...it was fun while it lasted, and I'm glad everyone got a kick out of the project. Thanks!!:-!

·
Registered
244 Posts
WOW! Totally awesome. I'm a big fan of Captain Nemo and you guys really put in a huge effort in this :-!.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,636 Posts
Okay, now that is just FRIEKIN' BAD!!!! It is amazing how much that truly looks like the original. Watch out Dirk Pitt, Here comes my newest HERO;-)

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Guys!! Glad you're all diggin' the project.:-!:-!

Jason...they are amazingly exact when compared to the movie versions. No detail was over looked from the number of "rivets" on the helmet to the brand and model of the vintage knife hanging on the belt. Even the "underwater rifle" was built from Disney prop department blueprints. If it called for brass or hammered copper, the correct materials were used to ensure authenticity.

Pat's wife, Lynn Regan, was the chief photographer for this diving sequence. She did an amazing job, capturing the action and adventure of the "script". If not for her, it would have just been me trudging around, freaking out the fish.;-)

Paul...no giant squid, but there was an octopus sneaking around the lagoon. I can only imagine what was going through his head.:-d

·
Registered
149 Posts
Fantastic pictures! What are the gloves made of, and how were you able to keep the water out of the boots and gloves since both look like they are separate from the main body of the suit? Also, did you start your dive from land or were you somehow lowered into the water? Again, Great Photos!
- Dawg182

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Just great shots and who wouldn't be wearing a big stupid grin :):):) ?? That looks like a lot of FUN ! :-d:-d:-d:-d

I'm a big NEMO fan.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
One problem!! You look more like a young Kirk Douglas than a James Mason:-d:-d:-d:-d. A Whale of a Tale:-d:-d:-d Thanks for the Pics:thanks

Joe

PS just one of the many reasons I love this forum|>|>

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Subkrawler,

Your post just made my day. You are on a roll lately!

It is a pleasure to have you on the forum. Keep the pics coming.

Kev.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Incredible! What a wet dream come true!! (get it, "wet" dream:-d)

What a great idea! What a project!
I don't suppose you could bring that with you to Cayman...

That looks like so much fun - I'm a vivid shade of green.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's stuff like this that makes me love this forum!:-!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ty,

OK, let me see if I got this straight:

1. You went to Hawaii for "work"
2. Your "job" was to wear a reproduced diving suit from a Disney movie
3. You spent a lot of time at the bottom of the ocean - in Hawaii (thought I should emphasize that)
4. Someone took pictures of you doing all this.

HOW DO I GET A JOB LIKE THAT?? :-d:-d:-d

Hope you re-post the pics soon.

Cheers mate,

Avi

1 - 20 of 21 Posts