WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient and now Addiesdive
644 Posts
It's really a great watch. 86 bucks delivered when I found some coupons.
Seiko NH35.

Fun change up, though my kamasu is still my favorite.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i wonder if you can take out the generic folding arms from the clasp and pin them in the orient clasp. that way you still have genuine orient and dive extension but none of the folded arms.

Though for me the orient folded metal in this clasp is good, the cheaper ebay/aliexpress clasps i have had may have been solid stainless but they were full of sharp edges and rattles.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i wonder if you can take out the generic folding arms from the clasp and pin them in the orient clasp. that way you still have genuine orient and dive extension but none of the folded arms.

Though for me the orient folded metal in this clasp is good, the cheaper ebay/aliexpress clasps i have had may have been solid stainless but they were full of sharp edges and rattles.
Hmm worth a shot.

the clasps I have don’t seem too sharp or rattle but that doesn’t bug me much anyway. Been using the one on a addies dive strap and it’s been a nice upgrade

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

I had exactly the same opinion about the sharp edges on the Chinese clasp and I fixed that. I used a tiny files and fine grits sand paper and smooth and polished on the edges. Now no more sharp edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yeah they’re a little Sharper but doesn’t bug me.
Best sub 10 buck upgrade around

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Here after some filing and smoothing off sharp edges

·
Registered
208 Posts

I was successful in grafting an Orient USA clasp on to a similar folded arm/lock clasp achieving a perfect fit.

Sent from my Motorola StarTac 7797 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here after some filing and smoothing off sharp edges

Looks like nice work, you've kept the lines of the edges and rounded them evenly.
For me watches are just as much tactile objects as they are visual. So if these new rounded edges feel good in hand then its a success.
Now grab a piece of Cratex and pearlage those arms !

21 - 29 of 29 Posts