WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah the guy who was done, I know I know, it's just one of those things. I did send one watch off to a new owner but I took in a Helgray Silverstone white dial and it seems nice. At this time I have 2 autos and 3 quartz so it's a balanced line up but there's another auto in the works. It (mystery) will ship this week I hope and I'll be a 3 auto 3 quartz home.

Not My Picture but it's the watch I bought.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

The other one I have to wait on because being frugal I paid by check, relax it's a real dealer but I was able to save a few dollars by paying by check.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Recognize it? I really like the Fireman Racer I have and now I went and bought another moon phase watch.

Ard

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Congrats again Ard! I'll be curious to hear how you like the Helgray as well. I've thought about getting one to fill my Panda need (want?).

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
17,341 Posts
Very nice, congrats!!! Good choices!

Reactions: Ard

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats again Ard! I'll be curious to hear how you like the Helgray as well. I've thought about getting one to fill my Panda need (want?).
It sits a bit tall but not so much that I'll not give it a try. The finish is not bad for a 230 dollar watch. The timing seems accurate but that's after only 36 hours, it's quartz so probably dependable. My first experience with a Chrono but the seconds run fairly smooth but with a stutter tick not a real sweep. The hand snaps back to 12 smartly when you hit the pusher. Pushers are crisp. The luminance is not overwhelming, compared to my Ball it looks dim............. It will do for something different to use time to time.

Love the moonphase. What is that one called? Wear them in good health

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
That is the Trainmaster Moon Phase with blue dial, I've had a couple moon phase watches and enjoy the concept. You can read a good review on them here > Ball Trainmaster Moon Phase Watch Review | aBlogtoWatch

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I like you, Ard. You've quit buying watches, what?, a half a dozen times in as many months; you own as many fly rods as my local Orvis store, and you go fishing for work. You've got it made, and I suspect you know it. I'll be up there with a bottle of Bourbon and some Hareball Leeches after I get done knockin' back a few pitchers with Ovrsteer and trying on all his watches.

I gotta get some time off work. Enjoy the Silverstone. It looks great.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey Buddy!

I was wondering when you would find this. Matter of fact I have to go fishing the next couple days, then I have a solid 8 days scheduled for day trips........... I actually have a lot of work that needs done in between all that other work but you're right, I feel pretty fortunate. I still am keeping the flock small but this results in a one watch gain. I'll post the Ball when it arrives.

BTW! I received a voice mail telling me the watch went into the mail on Monday afternoon, looks like Friday is happy day :)

·
Premium Member
73,611 Posts
Ard, like my old mum used to say "you can change your mind when you can't change a Shilling". Nice watches BTW.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Congrats! Saw your Kemmner thread and hoped to see a new tonnaeu!

Looking forward to see how you get on with the Helgray.

Absolutely can't wait for pics of the Moon phase!!! That's probably my favorite complication!

Again, congrats. Post lots of pics! :-d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts