WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up a little while ago with a pain in my side. Reached to it and found my G pressed into my ribs. Left a nice impression in me. Seems the spring bar came out. I found it and noticed that the spring was barely existent, more like rust crumbs and a bit of spring. I've worn a watch since I was 7yrs old and never had one do this. This watch rarely gets wet unless washing my hands.

Well, might as well get some coffee and get ready for football.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
Woke up a little while ago with a pain in my side. Reached to it and found my G pressed into my ribs. Left a nice impression in me. Seems the spring bar came out. I found it and noticed that the spring was barely existent, more like rust crumbs and a bit of spring. I've worn a watch since I was 7yrs old and never had one do this. This watch rarely gets wet unless washing my hands.

Well, might as well get some coffee and get ready for football.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
'Are you ready for some football'........Hank Williams, Jr

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Steelerswit:
My daughter, wife of Texas's biggest Steeler fan Mark, has a Baby G (dead in the water) I traipse over to the jewelers for battery replacement.
Who would'a thunk her Baby G needed 2 batteries to be replaced instead of one? My "Never too old for a first" $20.00 for 2 new batteries. Twice
the cost of repl a battery in my DW6900. DAMIFINO why a Baby G needs 2 batteries?

X traindriver Art

·
Premium Member
71,229 Posts
I’ve had springbars that looked like they had spent 10 years buried in mud but never encountered any rust.

·
Registered
249 Posts
DAMIFINO why a Baby G needs 2 batteries?
yeah .. saw it kinda late.. the BA110 needs 2x SR726W or something .. when i first looked online, i knew it needed that cell, but didnt notice that it needed 2!

$#@@#!%% .. thats why i told my wife its better to get a tough solar watch..

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
never had that problem on any G ive had from new but have come across it several times on 2nd hand purchases. most likely how the watch is cared/stored after getting wet esp. with salt water.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
steelerswit:
Thanks for the info.
If I dont get the 4 bezel screws for my GW7800-1 in todays post, I'm gonna request a refund.
I've been waiting nigh on to 3 weeks for 4 $2.50 cent screws.
Saturday's tracking info said the screws were "Out for Delivery" Sat was 4 days ago. 4 days
for 4 screws to cross town from Snail Mail Hqs? Danged Pony Express!!!!

X Traindriver Art

1 - 12 of 12 Posts