Sorry. Attached is the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sorry. Attached is the pic.

Hi pamfan,

Awesome pic and great pair!

I too have a sub and considering the OP39 black . Can you comment on the sunburst of the black. I know it's subtle. But personally, I don't really like when a sunburst watch face changes and looks "shiny" in some light. The sub/DS is a solid black. And that would be my preference. I know they'll be different. Just wondering how significantly noticeable the sunburst is on the OP39.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
806 Posts
For me the sunburst is quite unnoticeable... much different from other sunburst-dial watches that I had. For example, the sunburst of rhodium-dial OP is much noticeable than that of the black OP. You may check it out in flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
24,296 Posts
Hi pamfan,

Awesome pic and great pair!

I too have a sub and considering the OP39 black . Can you comment on the sunburst of the black. I know it's subtle. But personally, I don't really like when a sunburst watch face changes and looks "shiny" in some light. The sub/DS is a solid black. And that would be my preference. I know they'll be different. Just wondering how significantly noticeable the sunburst is on the OP39.

Thanks in advance!
Banned so unlikely to respond.

·
Registered
18,290 Posts
edited for length...
:::
I too have a sub and considering the OP39 black...
:::
I don't really like when a sunburst watch face changes and looks "shiny" in some light. The sub/DS is a solid black. And that would be my preference.
Having seen the new OP39s in white and black, I can tell you that it is more shimmery that sunburst. Imagine it like the surface of a black pearl. In my opinion, I think it breathes some life into the watch dial, gives it some depth and soul as opposed to a run of the mill jet black dial that is oh, so boring. But if your preference is something that is pure black, then you should skip the OP39.

·
Registered
247 Posts
For me the sunburst is quite unnoticeable... much different from other sunburst-dial watches that I had. For example, the sunburst of rhodium-dial OP is much noticeable than that of the black OP. You may check it out in flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks -- much appreciated. That seems to be consistent with most of the limited reviews I've read.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Having seen the new OP39s in white and black, I can tell you that it is more shimmery that sunburst. Imagine it like the surface of a black pearl. In my opinion, I think it breathes some life into the watch dial, gives it some depth and soul as opposed to a run of the mill jet black dial that is oh, so boring. But if your preference is something that is pure black, then you should skip the OP39.

Thanks. If this is the case, then for me personally, it's better. The OP39 pretty much checks a lot of the boxes I'm looking for presently. It's the rendition of the dial that I'm most curious about. I just can't seem to find one on display. All the ADs I've spoken to say it can be ordered and in hand in about 2-6 weeks though. Might just have to do that.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
247 Posts

Thanks. If this is the case, then for me personally, it's better. The OP39 pretty much checks a lot of the boxes I'm looking for presently. It's the rendition of the dial that I'm most curious about. I just can't seem to find one on display. All the ADs I've spoken to say it can be ordered and in hand in about 2-6 weeks though. Might just have to do that.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
18,290 Posts

Thanks again.
You could watch this youtube video. Might give you some idea on how it actually looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_6Yp7FV_6o

·
Registered
468 Posts
Congratulations OP. A perfect duo. A dress watch and a diver!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
bb gmt op39.jpg

Here is a pic I took, that seems to capture the light better regarding the OP39.
The watches are not mine.

It is still darker than the rhodium dial of the DJ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts