WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a general rule of thumb, once the new Speedmaster is widely available to purchase, what average percentage discount can be expected on the new stainless on stainless Hesalite reference?

This question is not specific to any dealer -- just looking to understand what general discount percentage range would be a "good" deal. I realize discounting may be less aggressive when a product is just launched, vs being in the mature phase of the lifecycle.

Observation: I wish the new clasp had a quick adjust! But overall, this looks like a really nice refresh.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I'd think similar to the outgoing model, ~20% would be good. Average will probably be lower.

Reactions: es335

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to find a dealer that would offer 20% off. If anyone knows a good dealer, please feel free to PM me.

I took a look at the new Speedmaster in the flesh at an Omega Boutique this week, and they weren't offering any discount. I assume zero discount is standard for an official Omega Boutique. So I passed on it. Figured I could get a better deal if I wait and buy from a dealer.

Are dealers starting to get these in the USA -- or are they only initially being made available at the Omega Boutiques?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
My guy has told me I can get it for >20% off, but I would have to wait until April as ADs will only receive their allocations then.

·
Registered
725 Posts
These are in high demand, and should be for awhile. My AD, the biggest supplier in the region, emailed me yesterday to say that they are being allocated in limited numbers, and his 1st allocation is sold through. Given the Covid uncertainty in several places, including SUI, I wonder if they don't start arriving in quantity until early summer or later.

Add to that the recent reluctance of even Omega ADs to discount substantially on the highest-demand models, and I'm not sure we're going to see the old 15 - 20% discounts, let alone the 30 - 40% ones that seem to be engrained into the WIS popular imagination. Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it for a good long while, if ever.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I am curious as well. Maybe purchasers of the new speedy can chime in and let us know what they were able to get from their ADs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts