WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi -

For all of us fans of 24-hour watches, ETA has a new calibre (well, at least it's new for me...): the ETA A07.171.

It is basically the A07.111 that has been adapted for single rotation of the hours hands rather than two.

Don't know much more about it than that: this is part of the new A07 family of mechanical watch calibres that ETA is slowly releasing. It's a non-chronometer movement, i.e. only with date complications, and should have, based on its size (16 1/2"!) quite good performance.

Anyone have any idea of any company actually making a watch with one of these?

JohnF

PS - I checked further: it's a GMT modification of the standard A07.111. But it's still a 24-hour display! :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks for sharing this information, do you know ...

what are the expected benefits of this new A07 family of mechanical watch calibres ?

In any case, it means that 24-hour watches have a future !

Francis

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Thanks for sharing this information, do you know ...

Hi -

Large power reserves for one, but basically they will be the flagship calibres for ETA for the future. The ones I've seen are adjusted to multiple positions and have very, very good time keeping qualities, probably intrinsically better than a 2824-2. Downside is the 16 1/2 ligne calibre size, which means that these will only be in large watches (the calibre is, I think, 36mm in size!).

I've seen the A07 in Chopard and a couple of other higher-end watches...

JohnF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts