WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice! This is the first real life photo I've seen. Where you able to directly compare it to the 43mm model before purchasing? I'm anxious to see how the dimensions look. Something about the bracelet lug width looks different to me. Maybe it's just change in size but I'm looking forward to seeing one. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! This is the first real life photo I've seen. Where you able to directly compare it to the 43mm model before purchasing? I'm anxious to see how the dimensions look. Something about the bracelet lug width looks different to me. Maybe it's just change in size but I'm looking forward to seeing one. Thanks for posting.
I also have a blue 43mm Aquis. I haven’t taken any side-by-side pictures yet, but I’ll try to do so tonight or tomorrow. The entire 40mm watch has been scaled down proportionally. The bracelet, lugs, etc are all just a bit smaller. I’d say the watch wears very much like the Rolex Submariner. While the Aquis and Sub are very different in style and appearance, that’s probably the best comparison I can draw.

This may be the most comfortable watch I own, as the proportions are nearly perfect for my 6.5” wrist!

Today’s photo:

·
Registered
41 Posts
When you have time I'd greatly appreciate a comparison photo. Funny you should mention the Sub. I tried on the Sub C non date a few weeks ago with the new IWC Inge (40mm) and preferred the smaller sizes to the 43mm aquis. I'm making another AD visit tomorrow to look at some others and maybe I'll get lucky and a 40mm Aquis will be in stock.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Looking good! It is absolutely IMPERATIVE that Oris release the Blue Aquis Date in 40mm. It would be soo mine..

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a great diver! I like the metallic bezel as it is different than the typical colored bezel offerings. Congrats on your new Aquis!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I forgot about taking a side-by-side, so I’ll do so after work. Siri promised to remind me when I get home!

·
Registered
60,536 Posts
Thanks for posting the two side by side. Oris have already got a winner with the 43mm Aquis and if they were to extend the 40mm range more I think they would have trouble making them fast enough.

·
Registered
76 Posts
And just like that I want an Oris. I should have paid more attention to the models as I did not know they released a 40mm Aquis. This will fit perfectly on my 6.75" wrist!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice - how much would one go for second hand. Was thinking about a blue zodiac oceanaire but think that is nicer. Cheers
No clue. You may have trouble finding one second hand as they’re just now beginning to hit the market new. I first heard of the new models last spring and hadn’t seen one for sale anywhere until about a month ago. To the best of my knowledge, the 40mm is currently offered in Grey w/Tungsten Bezel, Grey w/Polished Stainless Bezel and Black w/Black Ceramic Bezel.

·
Registered
60,536 Posts
Cheers for the reply. Is there any other nice oris blue or black faced divers for my £500 budget second hand.
SW, you can probably buy a pre loved 43mm Aquis or a 44mm Diver Date with that sort of budget. Don't be put off by the published size as the Oris divers tend to be a bit short and curvy in the lug department.

Just had a quick look on they Bay and I may have been a little optimistic on the Aquis prices.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts