WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Beautiful model! Really really nice. I think this model has gone really under-appreciated. Not to worry, when they're all gone it'll be worth more than what you bought it for - Just like the SBGW047 :-!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Welcome to the forums! That's a classy looking choice. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Congratulations, dwk100, that is a mighty fine acquisition.

I will not thank you for showing it here, though ...... I had just put this one out of my head & mind, now I'm looking up retailers, prices, ......

·
Vendor
16,874 Posts
Congratulations, dwk100, that is a mighty fine acquisition.

I will not thank you for showing it here, though ...... I had just put this one out of my head & mind, now I'm looking up retailers, prices, ......
I'm going to do a review of this piece when GS ships Topper another one. The finish and burst pattern of the dial are spectacular. Does anyone have a 67 44GS of which they can can post a wrist shot?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Capital choice Sir :)
Pls tell us more about the dial?
I haven't seen any pictures that do the dial justice, including my own. The dial is silver, with a subtle sunburst. You would think, with a silver dial, silver hands, silver indices and highly polished case, it could cause some legibility issues, but that's not the case at all. The hands an the indices reflect light very differently than the dial, making it very easy to read the time. I was looking at it in the sunlight through a window earlier today, and was amazed that the reflection inside the room showed each indice distinctly. The sword hands also reflect light very nicely at any angle, making it easy to read even in low light conditions.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
Hi Dave,

Did you go to Jura?
Are they still reluctant to discuss discounts?

Cheers.
Toshk

As a reminder we only discuss retail here.

·
Vendor
16,874 Posts
I haven't seen any pictures that do the dial justice, including my own. The dial is silver, with a subtle sunburst. You would think, with a silver dial, silver hands, silver indices and highly polished case, it could cause some legibility issues, but that's not the case at all. The hands an the indices reflect light very differently than the dial, making it very easy to read the time. I was looking at it in the sunlight through a window earlier today, and was amazed that the reflection inside the room showed each indice distinctly. The sword hands also reflect light very nicely at any angle, making it easy to read even in low light conditions.
Our next review which should be up here in a day or two is on the Limited Edition SBGC013. After that, we should have our next 62GS back in the store and we will do our best to photograph that dial. As you point out, it's nature will definitely make it a challenge!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
This is the Grand Seiko I lust after. I fear by the time I have saved enough to afford it, it will have sold out. Absolute beauty. Enjoy and wear it in great health.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts