WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
I am loving the caseback and the dimensions! 40.5mm with 11.1mm thickness is a great ratio.
img_07.jpg

Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Interesting how they chose not to replicate on te left side of the case what I presume is a crown guard shape on the right side.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting how they chose not to replicate on te left side of the case what I presume is a crown guard shape on the right side.
They would have been skewered for it, like Chopard, haha.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I am not crazy about the integration of the bracelet, or more accurately the lack of integration. Also not exactly loving the proportion of bracelet width to the face, and the asymmetry of the case. I also think the blue is bit behind the trend.On the pro-side, I'd like to see it on a strap, as it seems teh lugs will allow that.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think this is as bad as the Chopard, maybe worse. The bracelet is awful. I wanted to see this for a long time, not I wish I had not. B&R did a better job than Lange and Chopard. Never thought I would say that.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I think this is as bad as the Chopard, maybe worse. The bracelet is awful. I wanted to see this for a long time, not I wish I had not. B&R did a better job than Lange and Chopard. Never thought I would say that.

That's interesting, I didn't expect it to be such a polarizing piece!
For me it's actually a very consensual Lange with a beautiful dial. I just happen to not like the bracelet, and finding out that it cannot be changed seems like a miss from ALS.

But, opinions are very subjective on the matter. For instance, I think the B&R is absolutely disgusting and I would not touch it with a stick, whereas the Chopard looks pretty decent to me. Especially the bracelet.

All the best,
A.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
For me it's actually a very consensual Lange with a beautiful dial. I just happen to not like the bracelet, and finding out that it cannot be changed seems like a miss from ALS.

But, opinions are very subjective on the matter. For instance, I think the B&R is absolutely disgusting and I would not touch it with a stick, whereas the Chopard looks pretty decent to me. Especially the bracelet.

All the best,
A.
It's not an integrated bracelet, therefore I think it could be changed. It remains to be seen whether Lange will offer straps for it in the future, but there shouldn't be an issue getting a third party strap for it--as far as I can see, it uses standard spring bars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Honestly the dial is fine. But I can’t get over the bracelet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts

All the best,
A.
If you like the Chopard bracelet I can see why you like this bracelet. The Lange and Chopard bracelets remind me of a Florida retirement village, however I do like the Doxa beads of rice bracelet so as you say very subjective :) .

They both look like they wanted to join the party and kind of phoned it in. The Chopard I can forgive a bit more due to price and at least the bracelet is integrated and somewhat unique.

At 30k I shouldn't want to replace the bracelet or even have a bracelet that isn't integrated.

My biggest hope is that Chopard and Lange do well so AP and PP actually have to produce the pieces people want and / or the demand goes down.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Its just sort of blah for me. I don't hate it, I dont love it. I wouldnt buy one, its basically just exists. I put in on par with the Code 1159 (which did grow on me).

I consider this a pretty big miss for ALS though as they had pretty much undying unanimous praise for their dress watches, to have a sport watch really stand out would have given them a chance to take the market by storm.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Given that they have spent years on the design and to finally take the plunge into the non precious sports watch market I'm just massively underwhelmed. I've not even checked out the price because I just wouldn't want one.

The dial is 'ok' - the bracelet looks cheap for a watch of this quality - the design is just 'standard'.

I love ALS and think they make so many original pieces (much more so than PP in fact).

Yes - that's my issue with this watch. It's unoriginal.

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
Not a fan. That bracelet is an epic fail. I wouldn't buy that watch even if ALS cuts the price in half...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts