WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been eyeing the Khaki Titanium Auto online and at my local AD for a few weeks, and today I decided to make it happen :).

I took this photo in the store while the paperwork was being completed:

I love how sleek and light it is, and the 42mm dial fits my wrist beautifully. The dealer gave me a great price and took my Luminox 1839 as a trade-in.

They also threw in a snazzy Hamilton-branded duffel bag, shown under the manual and tag here:

This is my second Khaki, my first being a 38mm Auto. This is my fourth Hamilton, joining my Ventura Quartz and Jazzmaster Auto.

[Sits back and enjoys the new-buyer glow.]

·
Premium Member
8,445 Posts
Congrats on your new Khaki Titanium Auto. I do like the faux accents against the black dial. Plus, the strap looks to be very comfortable to wear. Enjoy the new Hamilton to your collection. Oh, and congrats on the Hamilton SWAG.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
The no date looks great. Fan of titanium so I may eyeball one.

Reactions: jtlynn23

·
Premium Member
36,226 Posts
Great looking watch. Excellent choice.

The strap really works great with that dark dial as well, IMHO.

Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
That strap looks like a perfect compliment for your watch..congrats!!..it's a beaut!!..

·
Registered
833 Posts
Very nice!!! I have 2 Hamilton's in my collection. Now it's looking like I may need a third.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Please let us know how you feel it fits compared to the 38.

I've always looked at these because of the no-date and because 42mm is in my comfort zone, only thing is they are a lot more $$$ than the standard fields.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Please let us know how you feel it fits compared to the 38.
Here's the 42mm Titanium (H70665533) again, and my 38mm Khaki (H70455533).

The Titanium is lighter than the 38mm, despite the larger diameter. I really like the way it feels.

When I wore my Luminox 1839 (also 42mm), I knew it was there because of its bulk and weight.

I'm with you on the fact that they cost more than the standard fields. Once I tried it on, it was hard to resist. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats! Love the contrast between the dial and the strap on these. Such a cool look.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I absolutely love this watch; it’s absolutely striking. The only thing I‘d change is the word “TITANIUM” printed on the side and the 21mm lugs. Everything else is just lights out. Congrats on making an epic selection.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I absolutely love this watch; it’s absolutely striking. The only thing I‘d change is the word “TITANIUM” printed on the side and the 21mm lugs. Everything else is just lights out. Congrats on making an epic selection.
Thanks-- I really love this watch. I've received compliments from people who've seen it, as well.

I just ordered a couple of straps, including a Barton black leather band. I am a bit worried about wearing down or staining the stock brown strap, plus I figured it's a chance to play around with the look a bit.

·
Premium Member
8,445 Posts
Thanks-- I really love this watch. I've received compliments from people who've seen it, as well.

I just ordered a couple of straps, including a Barton black leather band. I am a bit worried about wearing down or staining the stock brown strap, plus I figured it's a chance to play around with the look a bit.
That is probably a good idea. Even though Hamilton's H-shaped pin buckle straps may look great. The H-shaped pin buckle tends to wear down the leather more so than a single pin buckle strap would on a leather strap.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is probably a good idea. Even though Hamilton's H-shaped pin buckle straps may look great. The H-shaped pin buckle tends to wear down the leather more so than a single pin buckle strap would on a leather strap.
Exactly. It looks really cool, but after a few weeks I am already concerned.

If someone made a black H-shaped deployant clasp I'd consider that, but I'm enjoying trying new and different straps.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Yeah, I try to preserve the straps on my Hamiltons too. Hamilton has really nice OEM straps, but they are pricey to replace.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts