WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this one in a couple days and loving it so far. This is the Type 1S "Ruthenium Silver", Ressence's entry level model and update of 2014's Type 1. The big change is moving from an 2824-2 to an 2892, between the thinner ETA base and the titanium caseback, Ressense thinned the watch down from 13mm to less than 11mm at the thickest point.

The "RS" dial is a combination of polished German silver (which is the original material of the disks) and a ruthenium coating, with two different radial finishes. The sapphire crystal is also pretty complex, being both domed and boxed around the case. The case here is grade 5 titanium in high polish. It's superbly comfortable and light at only 67 grams. The different coatings on the RS really come into their own under sunlight, the shininess of the entire watch gives it a "metallic pebble" look which is a lot of fun.

Ressence has so much dial that the color is a major influence on how the watch looks on the wrist, and darker colors wear a lot smaller than lighter colors. I usually lean toward black dials but I have a Type 3 in black (on black) and wanted something with a little bit more flair. I debated the white dial, which I still think dresses up nicer than the silver but, having tried it on last year, the 42mm in bright white wears visually as large if not larger than the 44mm Type 3 in black. Then I discovered the RS dial (which is new to 2020 and isn't yet on the website) and it immediately clicked with me.

And here it is alongside my Type 3 on a cheap multi winder. I'm still on the fence about whether I need a winder for this one. The date setting is quick and straightforward but it still takes 12 turns to change AM/PM. I'm not a fan of the factory Ostrich and will probably order one of the super light kevlar strap from Ochs & Junior, if they can make one in 20mm for curved lugs.

Here's a shot of it on the wrist:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great addition and I've been eyeing these for a while. How do you like the daily wear? Is it easily comparable to any other watches as far as fit and feel? Love the unique time telling of these pieces! Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love this brand. Great choice and congrats!
Thank you!

Great addition and I've been eyeing these for a while. How do you like the daily wear? Is it easily comparable to any other watches as far as fit and feel? Love the unique time telling of these pieces! Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Daily wear is pretty much perfect. it's a little bit hard to compare to other watches because of how different they look, but the polishing on the titanium case is about as good as the Snowflake, and it holds up fairly well under macro. I can see how it leans toward the freakishly light side especially if you come from steel bracelets. If you want a little bit more heft, the Type 1 Squared is steel and is about 20 grams heavier.

The crystal wraps around the case which I really like because it means that very few blows will touch the case, but it might be a source of worry if you bang your watches around. Also only 1 ATM, which may or may not be a problem depending on your use. The base movement is sturdy (it's a 2892 after all) and I would probably wear it like I would a sporty dress watch.

·
Premium Member
4,718 Posts
Wow! Congrats on a truly unique watch! Really like their designs.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really neat watches, I've only ever seen the Type 3, so this is a nice change of pace. Congrats
Thanks! Yeah I figured I'd like something a little more wearable and less concept watch-y than the Type 3.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Very cool. I’ve read plenty of articles and seen tons of photos, but it’s rare to chat with someone who actually has one (or two, for that matter!). Congrats, great review and photos, wear it in good health!

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very cool. I’ve read plenty of articles and seen tons of photos, but it’s rare to chat with someone who actually has one (or two, for that matter!). Congrats, great review and photos, wear it in good health!
Thanks! I want to write a proper review for both though - this is just a few words and photos. I really enjoy the brand and I wish more people knew about them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
wow congrats on your new watch! This one has a classier aesthetics while still retaining that "wow" factor. I love the planetary rotating dial system, especially how they did the days of week indicator. It's also interesting how similar yet different your two ressence are. excellent photos by the way, If they make these any smaller I'll be in serious trouble.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Great watch! The 2892 is a very good upgrade; those have proven the most robust and accurate in my collection.

Reactions: Zhanming057

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow congrats on your new watch! This one has a classier aesthetics while still retaining that "wow" factor. I love the planetary rotating dial system, especially how they did the days of week indicator. It's also interesting how similar yet different your two ressence are. excellent photos by the way, If they make these any smaller I'll be in serious trouble.
Thank you! If you get a chance, try out the Type 1 Slim in black. It's a 42mm but with the black dial and the small L2L (46mm IIRC) IMO it looks good on small wrists.

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Nice 1-2-3 Blocks. Mine are a bit skankier:

...but I've got six of them (back when I was a machinist, I actually needed six).

I've heard of Ressance; yours is beautiful. I wonder what the service is gonna cost?

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice 1-2-3 Blocks. Mine are a bit skankier:

...but I've got six of them (back when I was a machinist, I actually needed six).

I've heard of Ressance; yours is beautiful. I wonder what the service is gonna cost?
I just have these as an easy way to prop stuff up for product shoots. That's why they look so new :) I got the recommendation from a guy who did a lot of reviews of camera lenses.

Service is not expensive at all but somewhat slow as they will do a continuous operation test after the full service which takes around 4 weeks, or so I've heard. Haven't needed to service either of mine yet.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts