WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Never had a G-Shock before. This is the GWA1100 Gravity Master from the Aviation line. Atomic timekeeping, solar powered, world time, 1/20 stopwatch, alarm, and a cool compass.

Got a good deal from NavM off the sales forum here. Pre-owned but absolutely new looking. Superb beater.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
I think you'll like it. I've been an Ω and G fan myself for decades, and have both brands. They're very different but both great. Plus, you'll now have an accurate reference with which to set everything else as needed etc. Good choice IMO.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Does my Casio ProTrek Tough Solar SG550 count as a G-shock, or is it too wimpy? (sorry, no photo on my arm that I can find)

I actually use it more than you'd think.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Does my Casio ProTrek Tough Solar SG550 count as a G-shock, or is it too wimpy? (sorry, no photo on my arm that I can find)

I actually use it more than you'd think.
That's a very nice watch but no, it's not a G-Shock, it's a Pro-Trek. The Pro-Trek line is Casio's range of digital watches designed with outdoor activities in mind such as hiking and trekking and they usually contain sensors for Altitude, Barometer, and Compass (ABC watches) amongst other functions. You'll know when a watch is a G-Shock because it will have 'G-SHOCK' written all over it. There probably isn't that much difference actually but I think it's just some little things to do with the shock proof design of the watch and materials used, and whether or not the watch has 200m of water resistance minimum. Think of yours as a very close cousin of the G-Shocks but not one of them.

·
Sponsor
13,171 Posts
I have one of these - a Rangeman. Altitude, barometer, and compass gets you both weather and directions.

The big button up front is for backlight, and the big button on the right side is a dedicated ABC toggle.

It's a monster on the wrist though, but for hiking and the zombie apocalypse, this is my go-to watch.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts

The Gravity Defier is a must have in the watch rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awwww Maaaaan, seeing your collection with the old Submariners makes me feel bad for selling my 16800 last week to help buy a new Omega Grey Side of the Moon...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nothing beats widening a collection. G Shock are great watches and my pick for those resort holidays in far away places. You don't have to worry about damage, etc or airport scanning or being lost. Great choice.

·
Premium Member
12,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the kind words. I am liking it far more than I thought I would!

The Gravity Defier is a must have in the watch rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice collection Kauf! Nice Subs! Funny how that G-Shock seems to visually dominate the bunch, especially next to that Connie. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts