WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always had the Glycine Airman 17 on my "list". Saw someone had a bunch of grey market Glycines on the 'bay. There was my Airman 17, 4 hand, black face. Brand new, never worn, no box, no warrenty. I went for it:

Attachments

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
Looks to be authentic and in like new condition! Congrats!

The Glycine brand is one of the really wonderful swiss affordable brands out there. Well, at least sort of affordable.

The Airman 24 Hr is sort of pricey so it is great that you were able to get a deal on it. That piece is on my list but I havent ever found one at a good price!

Great pick up!

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
No guts no glory!
Well done!
:-!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paypal back by CC, USPS, excellent feedback, willing to lose the money (not going to kill me, will piss me off).

I don't go to Vegas, I gamble on the 'bay :-d

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I think Glycine is one of the "great" brands. While the Airman 17 is a little large for me, it is one beautiful watch. I have a vintage, orginal Airman (with the old AS 1701 movement)that I wore on my tours in Vietnam and a newer Airman 2000. Congratulations on your acquisition!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Come on, I'll be tacky, what did you pay and are there more? Cheap enquiring minds want to know.

And grey market sound about what mycoach Belichek did! 11 - 0

anyway any info is appreciated.\\

thanks

paul:-!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on, I'll be tacky, what did you pay and are there more? ...sound about what mycoach Belichek did! 11 - 0....
No issues about asking the price, what's tacky is you've managed to include a "Boston is the best sports town in the world" comment, you guys are getting unbearable! I was have dinner in Paris on Tuesday night, some bean-town bum from the next table easedropped that I'm a Cubs fan and leaned over to tell me how great the Bo-Sox are. Lighten up Boston, I get it :-d

·
Registered
715 Posts
Great looking watch and at that price a fantastic grab. :-!

Congrats! and wear it in good health for many years.

·
5,111 Posts
Great watch and a fantastic price! Way to go!!!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
great find - congratulations! (drooling as i type)

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
OK will try and ease up on the Boston issue(but Celt's, Bruins, BoSox, Pats, hmm I will try, I will try)) but that price sounds great. Have been eying a Glycine Airman 8. Anybody any thoughts on this watch.

I love it when a forum member "scores"!

Makes us all feel good.

paul:-d

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I love my Glycine Airman...got it from Watchcat for a very decent price. I favor the 12/24 hour watches for some strange reason.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the kind words, I really like this watch! Every little detail is right, the leather strap is perfect, case finish is right there with my Omega PO. Maybe it is really a $3400 watch. That puts it out of my range, thank to the grey market :-!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Pheh - I just tell the ophthalmologist to crank up my glasses a little more.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts