WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new addition! Veeery happy with it. :)

IMG_0058.JPG IMG_0059.JPG IMG_0061.JPG IMG_0062.JPG

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Thats the quartz model... For me, I wouldn't have spent so much on a quartz movement, I would have gone all out and go for automatic. Nonetheless, its still a very nice watch! Can't go wrong with the SMP! Then again, you can never go wrong with a Seamaster... Wear it well!

Both my Seamaster's says Hi!!!! Welcome to the club!!!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Beautiful! Nothing wrong with a good quartz.

I've never understood the convictions some maintain regarding "spending too much on a quartz"... It's not as if mass-produced mechanical watches from high-end companies are remotely worth what they sell for either. At the end of the day with high-end watches, you're paying more for the branding than anything else... And that holds true until you get into the hand-made exotics, and terms like "art" start popping up, and all the figures and reasoning get entirely too debatable.

I do place some credence in the question of spending x amount of dollars for an Omega quartz when, say, a Breitling thermocompensated quartz can be had for the same money, but that's an argument that can be instantly ended by the buyer simply declaring "both are insanely accurate compared to a mechanical watch, and I prefer the Omega"... So it's a dead end as well.

Bottom line? Get a mechanical Omega if you prefer, or get a quartz. Neither purchase will inhabit the same stratosphere as a bargain, all things considered. But we love watches, and so we plunk down the cash happily. Hey, it's cheaper than a boat, right? And easier to flip if you change your mind.

Congrats on a terrific watch... The black face Seamaster 300m always looks so suave and reserved, while maintaining a pure sports look.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. At the end of the day, it will be what you feel that will matter the most.

Wear the watch in great health.

cheers,

·
Registered
602 Posts
Congratulations on your newest acquisition! Enjoy it in good health.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
I agree with those who like both quartz and auto....I have 5 quartz Omegas and 1 Bond auto....(2 preBond quartz seamasters, 2 X-33 quartz, and a quartz Polaris. Congrats on your great quartz Bond!

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
I have the same model in blue, and it's currently my favorite watch. The ticking second hand doesn't bother me at all, and I love knowing that I can grab it and go without winding and resetting it. There is a kit if discussion about quartz vs. mechanical around here lately and it all comes down to "wear what you like." I think it looks great, enjoy it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congratulations on your new watch! Quartz or Auto, it's still Omega quality we are all after. Enjoy! Looking forward to your next Omega.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Congratulations on the SMP!
To be honest, I went for the quartz ( all be it the blue version ) as well, and am very pleased with the watch!

cheers.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everyone. Yea I really enjoy the watch and it will be the first of the Omega collection. More will be added soon hopefully :-D

·
Registered
77 Posts
awesome watch...simply superb.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Congrats! No matter which movement is in it, it is still a solid watch and very clean and good-looking. Wear it with pride! :-!

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have not taken it off yet lol. However I was wondering if you guys could advice a good everyday watch. I don't want to wear this one out

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Seiko Black Monster
This is a good recomendation for your "daily"/"beater". Also consider a Seiko 7002 or SKX007/009 as a great choice as a "daily".

I've been wearing my "pepsi" for years and still love it.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Did somebody say "black monster"? :-d

I guess I'd second that, although it's not as versatile as your beautiful Omega. Its lume does, however, enable you to find your way through a dark theater, land planes, etc.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Congrats on your Seamaster.

As a daily watch I recommend the Seiko SKX007 as others have. It too, is a great watch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts