WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to keep my patience and wanted to wait untill it arrived so I could post some pics with this entry.. but I was never good at patience !

So.. after years of searching (yes.. years.. as in multiple times 365 days :)
I have finally found the piece that will disappear into my safe sitting next to my Rose Gold 1461, only to come out once a day to be fondled and worn occasionally.

The watch was just too beautiful to let this one disappear to some japanese collector (I have nothing against the japanese collectors, except that they seem to get all the special watches lately , and never post on this board !)

An almost mint , almost no patina, still bright white hour and subdial hands, unfaded and not discoloured Arabics , never restored completely black 809 Navitimer Cosmonaute from 1962 !

I will post pics as soon as it arrives , which will be the end of the week ! :-(

in the mean time i will be singing along with 'Patience' from 'Guns 'n Roses' !

Rgds
-Rene

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
12,866 Posts
Fantastic, Rene'!! Of all the vintage Navi's...

An almost mint , almost no patina, still bright white hour and subdial hands, unfaded and not discoloured Arabics , never restored completely black 809 Navitimer Cosmonaute from 1962 !
that particular one is also my absolute favorite! Congratulations!!! :gold :-! Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ron ! .. you know what its like to find that perfect piece :)

and to keep the suspense .. here's a 'nice' (blurry *grins*) picture

I am not posting the 'non-blurry' pics I have from this piece, as i want to make my own pictures to post

Rgds
-Rene

Attachments

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
12,866 Posts
It IS the grail!!! Black subs AND the AOPA logo!!!

Thanks Ron ! .. you know what its like to find that perfect piece :) and to keep the suspense .. here's a 'nice' (blurry *grins*) picture. I am not posting the 'non-blurry' pics I have from this piece, as i want to make my own pictures to post.
And you're correct. Even with a fuzzy pic, the tritium markers look great and so do all the hands! PLEASE do justice to that beauty by sending it over here for me to photograph and admire for couple of years... :) The owner must have kept it in storage and away from ultraviolet exposure for its entire lifetime. It honestly appears new from that pic. I wonder if the oils could be replenished without having to remove and replace the hands?? After you receive it, an email to Mark & Theresa Heist might be a good idea to ask them about a preventative service such as that. After you have it in hand, PM the acquisition details to me so I can be very, very envious. LOL. I love it that it is now yours and not in Kurt B's pile. Hahahahahahahaha!! :-D
Cheers,
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts