WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Impulse buy today at the mall, a new startup from Saskatchewan called Farm Fresh. They make sunglasses, wallets and watches. Being a prairie boy I wanted one of these ever since I saw them but didn't want to spend $200+ on a Quartz. Today they had a sale for $100.

image.jpg

Our Story | befarmfresh.com

Better photo:

ff_0018_smith_cognac_crm.1415384836.jpg

·
Registered
985 Posts
Not bad for a $100.

How big are your wrists, at a nearly bezel-less 42mm with a 50mm lug to lug, the thing must wear huge.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice looking watch. I'm not sure about the marketing though. I get that they are going for a hometown feel, so what's up with the box? Does bamboo grow in Saskatchewan? Is Canada known for it's fine crocodile leather? No real complaints about the watch itself, I just feel like they could have gotten the marketing more on point with just a couple of small tweaks.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not bad for a $100.

How big are your wrists, at a nearly bezel-less 42mm with a 50mm lug to lug, the thing must wear huge.
i wear a comfortable 8 inch bracelet. So other than those ridiculously huge fossils most anything wears on my wrists.

Nice looking watch. I'm not sure about the marketing though. I get that they are going for a hometown feel, so what's up with the box? Does bamboo grow in Saskatchewan? Is Canada known for it's fine crocodile leather? No real complaints about the watch itself, I just feel like they could have gotten the marketing more on point with just a couple of small tweaks.
most people when they think of Saskatchewan they think prairies. You can watch your dog run away for three days there. No trees at all.

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
Vert strange name for a watch, i buy 'farm fresh eggs' every week, not the type of brand name id like to look at every day, but its a nice looking little watch, for 100 bucks i might be able to look past the brand name.
cheers

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
The brand name hardly rolls off the tongue. But, nevertheless you have a nice looking and interesting watch there. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I definitely agree they have some odd marketing issues. That said this was the first time I saw a canadian designed watch in a retail outlet. I wanted it for that alone, plus the watch is fairly nice looking. It may not scream saskatchewan but at least they're trying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Z33iHKvqo

·
Registered
132 Posts
Interesting brand, I like the vibe. Not sure about the "Citizens of Common Kin" slogan - available to other brothers and sisters beyond Canadian borders?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not bad for a $100.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I think it wears more or less right. Keep in mind this sells at a mall retailer called spareparts. They mostly sell stuff like diesel and nixon. Big ungodly watches. I once talked to a manger at watch-it (another mall retailer) and he said that for every citizen AT-ecodrive that sells 15 giagantor fossils leave the store. Big is popular.

Interesting brand, I like the vibe. Not sure about the "Citizens of Common Kin" slogan - available to other brothers and sisters beyond Canadian borders?
Dunno, try the website, or try their retail outlet spareparts:

Men's Watches | Spareparts

Reactions: jackrobinson

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
Why would I watch either of my dogs run away for three days?

Reactions: ChiefWahoo

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: Kubby
1 - 12 of 12 Posts