WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these recently and finally got around to taking some pictures. They all came from ebay and in separate lots, I paid less than $20 for them all though and they all run nicely.:-!
Up first is a Whitely auto from the 40s I guess, it also happens to be my first Bidynator.:) The gold filled case held up pretty well for being around 70 years old I think.
Also in that lot was this sweet vintage Seiko Auto. Its got a gold colored case with a nice two-tone band and textured gold dial. Nice 70s style.b-)
Next is a nice simple watch from one of my favorite brands. Its a silver Gruen Precision 17j from the 50s or 60s with a clean and refined dial. I don't know what the case is made of, I think maybe aluminum.
Lastly is a nice stylish Elgin Shockmaster from the 50s. The vertical dial stripes and gold case really set this one apart.
Any info is welcome, thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
The Elgin dial is luscious! :)

Reactions: Addictedtowatches

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Up first is a Whitely auto from the 40s I guess, it also happens to be my first Bidynator.:) The gold filled case held up pretty well for being around 70 years old I think.
I like this one.
I presume you know what, who and who designed the 'bidynator' rotor?

Regards

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like this one.
I presume you know what, who and who designed the 'bidynator' rotor?

Regards
Certainly, however I'm surprised it took me this long to end up with one. The watch itself has a quality feel to it, it's solid and sturdy.

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Certainly, however I'm surprised it took me this long to end up with one. The watch itself has a quality feel to it, it's solid and sturdy.
Excellent
Yes, thats why I liked it.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats I like them all and cant believe you paid so little for them.
I've been getting really lucky lately on ebay, I'm buying lots left and right and the ones I keep show up here. The rest are sold to fund more purchases or to get some cash. My collection has grown exponentially this year, I don't know if that's good or bad;-).

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
I've been getting really lucky lately on ebay, I'm buying lots left and right and the ones I keep show up here. The rest are sold to fund more purchases or to get some cash. My collection has grown exponentially this year, I don't know if that's good or bad;-).
Not luck.
Better experienced to wait and be patient for the bargain that fly's under the radar.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Love that Gruen, and the Elgin is nothing to sneeze at either :)
Nice watches.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not luck.
Better experienced to wait and be patient for the bargain that fly's under the radar.
yes I've gotten quite a few recently because of mis-labeling or wrong spellings, I got a Bulova 23j today because it was spelled "Bouluva" or something similar so it wouldn't turn up in a search.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts