WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,351 Posts
Agreed that they are over the top. They cover up places where one types and clicks on other things, and boxes that show forum information, and they show inane pictures that I cannot leave running on my computer in most places. I just started seeing them today. I cannot use the site with these running and I will have to go back to Tapatalk (where no ads will be seen) even when at the office.

We all understand that running the site is expensive and that revenue needs to come from somewhere. But when the ads prevent the use of the forum, it's sorta like a watch that doesn't tell time.

Rick "noting that the site already cripples the browser I'm required to use" Denney

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Shows up on safari. On every single page. Annoyed.
Same browser here and it drives me furiously angry, to the point where I have no fun on the forum, it's everywhere, every pages. Worst thing ever.

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
I dont think this is WUS's fault, they have been trying to deal with it, ive got the same and all of us Aussie users still have ads on the right hand side of the page too covering 1/4 of the page, somehow its only on this website, Adblock does not fix it, but ive been told the Admin is trying to fix it up so thanks to them for being on the case.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Brutal. I thought I'd picked up some malware or something. I get the need to generate revenue etc., but this is trashy, poor, invasive and gimmicky and it takes away from the user experience. [edit: good to hear it's being addressed, thanks]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ridiculous. What are these things supposed to be advertising anyway?? All I'm getting are what look like stills from a live cam of an insane asylum........

·
Premium Member
7,351 Posts
Yes--they have disappeared--Thanks!

I'm not sure the assumption that itw was some form of malware was actually wrong.

Rick "putting the iPhone back down" Denney

Reactions: hidden by leaves

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Delightful as before. Thank you

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Ridiculous. What are these things supposed to be advertising anyway?? All I'm getting are what look like stills from a live cam of an insane asylum........
Did it look like this?

Reactions: Cobia

·
Premium Member
64,962 Posts
I don't know whether Safari on my iPad filters them out or they have been and gone by the time I logged on but everything looks O.K.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I've been logged on all morning here using Safari on my MacBook, and never saw them at all. I'm running AdBlock, which blocks so many annoying ads. Maybe that did it.

~sherry.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I've been logged on all morning here using Safari on my MacBook, and never saw them at all. I'm running AdBlock, which blocks so many annoying ads. Maybe that did it.

~sherry.
I'm on Safari on a Macbook, and I had them for awhile (annoying), but they are gone now. Hooray!

·
Registered
905 Posts
I didn't know what you were talking about yesterday but today I have them, yes really annoying ! Just found that down arrow, thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts