WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

This is my first post and I'd like to start by saying thanks to all who participate for the information I used to make my decision! I read quite a bit here and your info and opinions were instrumental in the purchase. Thanks!

I'm a "Take a penny, leave a penny" kind of guy, so here's the start of my contribution:

I bought the watch back in May. I had intended to post right immediately but summer got in the way. It happens. As time went by I thought it was best since I could post after the honeymoon was over. So I can safely say, I Love This Watch! I travel for work 2 weeks out of a month and need to know two times, Home/office(same)and local. It replaces a 20 year old Citizen analog/digital with all the worlds time zones. I also looked at GMTs by Hamilton and Tag, Omega and Rolex were out of my price range. Ultimately I settled on the Airman because it's such an elegant and simple design. It really works great. Did I say I love this watch!

There are lots of great variations but I decided on the classic so I could wear it anytime and it would never get old, never go out of style.

I know, if there aren't pics it didn't happen.

IMG_20150702_164503.jpg

View attachment 5297690

IMG_20150519_125739.jpg

Working on my posting skills...

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
What an entry to the forum demo, welcome to WUS Glycine.

This blue degraded dial Base 22s are well beloved in these waters.12 on top is a choice, so are NATO straps which I love, even though in summer I prefer the bracelets.

Good choice, good taste. May it serve you well.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What an entry to the forum demo, welcome to WUS Glycine.

This blue degraded dial Base 22s are well beloved in these waters.12 on top is a choice, so are NATO straps which I love, even though in summer I prefer the bracelets.

Good choice, good taste. May it serve you well.
Hi Emre, thanks for the welcome!

I too like the blue degraded dial but mine is black. It looked blue in the first picture (and it was upside down, classic new guy post) so i righted it. just curious, have they ever made a blue degrade with the 12 on top?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Beautiful watch and amazing first piece Demo.

I like your pics. Very clear. Nice combo on the bracelet and nato.

Wear it in good health always Insha Allah.

I too like you went in with the Base 22. Classic model and can never go wrong with it.

My first foray into the 24 hour watch world.

I was immensely helped by Uwe and Emre the two grandmasters here and also by all the other good lads with their contributions of ideas.

Mine is a 24on top and blue degraded dial and a purist version. I love the feel and feature of a blue degraded dial and in my part of the world it makes a lot of am pm sense.

Waiting to get my hands on it tomorrow as its with DHL right now. Hopefully I will post a review too Insha Allah.

Again love your pics. Wear it well mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Congrats on your Airman!

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Uppps sorry for the colour confusion, I thought it's the way around, that it's blue but looks black due to light angle. Your photos are very nice, clear and sharp.
Not sure if they made a 12 on top version of the blue, the details of dials are not mentioned in the serial numbers book.

It would be great to include different colour and 12-24 on top spare dials in the sales package so that one can switch as desired.

The red tip of the hour hand is also a small and nice touch like in vintage Airman. Love it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Classic Glycine look will always be a shrewd yet stylistic decision in it's price range! C:-!ngrats!
Regarding the price range, I think it turned out for the best. If I had the disposable income I may have gone right for the Rolex GMT Master II. I like the watch but a: it broadcasts to the world how much you spent and b: several other colleagues I work with own one.
No offense to Rolex owners, it's a great watch with a great history but I prefer to be more subtle. If someone recognizes it as a quality watch then more power to them.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Hi Emre, thanks for the welcome!

I too like the blue degraded dial but mine is black. It looked blue in the first picture (and it was upside down, classic new guy post) so i righted it. just curious, have they ever made a blue degrade with the 12 on top?
The only dégradé (not degraded) dial for the Airman 22 is black on top, blue on the bottom, and it stands to reason that the 12 (being midday) should only ever be on the blue half of the dial - so the answer to that one is no, at least not so far!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Welcome to the Glycine forum! Very nice to see an Airman on a bracelet. Wear it well, and like Emre said may it serve you well.

·
Sinn Moderator
9,806 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your beautiful new Glycine! That is a great looking watch!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes and positive comments. After wearing the watch practically nonstop for months I can honestly say I still love it, have had no buyers remorse and, despite looking, haven't found another watch I would have preferred.

I will echo other comments on this site regarding the hollow end links. They really are cheaper than I would expect at this price but that has to be my only real complaint.

Seems to gain around 5 seconds a day which seems reasonable, if not great (?).

Any tips for cleaning the case and bracelet? I took the bracelet off to put the NATO on and it's already getting gunky.

Thanks

·
3,631 Posts
Thanks for all the welcomes and positive comments. After wearing the watch practically nonstop for months I can honestly say I still love it, have had no buyers remorse and, despite looking, haven't found another watch I would have preferred.

I will echo other comments on this site regarding the hollow end links. They really are cheaper than I would expect at this price but that has to be my only real complaint.

Seems to gain around 5 seconds a day which seems reasonable, if not great (?).

Any tips for cleaning the case and bracelet? I took the bracelet off to put the NATO on and it's already getting gunky.

Thanks
I clean my watches by hand with tap water and liquid soap. I do this every time I come out of the ocean, so fairly regularly. If it's really dirty I'll use a tooth brush as well (one set aside just for that purpose). After all dried I'll use a polishing cloth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts