WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would show a few pics of my new Alpha Carbon and give a quick review. There is not a ton of info out there on this one so, after wearing it for a week here are my thoughts all scaled 1-10:

General Overall Score: 8
It works as a timekeeper. It feels like a quality watch. It’s not too large at 44MM. It looks unbelievable. It has a display back, automatic movement and the price is unbeatable! I WOULD buy again!! :)

Price: 10

Can’t beat the listed website price of under $100 and even with the Maratac added, I’m still under that price!

Looks: 8 or 9
Black PVD is exactly "right". The word "
USA" and even "Water Resistant" and "Automatic" does not need to be there. Orange markers look perfect. Display case back is very nice. Pushers and onion crown are very nice and tight too.

Dial: 8
Dial markings on the outside edge are wonderful. They are well executed and accurately spaced at the one second intervals. The minute hand terminates at just a millimeter away from the second/minute markings making it very simple to set and see the time!

Function: 7
Second hand sweeps smoothly and without stutter - very nice! Accuracy is "OK" at about 1 minute per day slow - I will adjust soon. Year and Month functions on the dial seem worthless to me. The 24 hour function is very useful when setting the date. Switching to next day happens late in the 24th hour –very good. Can “hack” the seconds hand to synch time – very good.

Band: 4
Ordered a Maratac Elite Series #512 in 22MM immediately to replace the leather band that is shipped with the watch. Not sure how the OEM band would have worn but this Maratac is a perfect match for this watch. I stole the idea from another Alpha owner – thanks for the tip! I would add that the Maratac band fits, wears and feels very comfortable. Initially the Maratac fits very snug between the lugs so be prepared to squeeze just a little – after install it’s perfect

Lume: 3
Can’t expect much at this price. It works, but it’s not bright. Not an important function to me anyway

Shipping: 5
Took a few more days than I thought to get it (ordered direct from Alpha USA) but when I asked about delivery time after a few days, I got a delivery confirmation and had the watch quickly after

Packaging: 3 for comps to others “fancy packaging” OR . . . 10 for going “green”!
Very minimal packaging. Although substantial enough to protect the watch. Green “velvet” pouch inside bubble envelope. Saves on excess packaging and future landfill!

Thanks and enjoy the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great looking watch, I love that dark carbon look with the orange accents, definitely a great buy to suit one's taste for special occasions such as a "night in the life of a super spy"! Anyway, just my opinion! :-!

·
Registered
4 Posts
how much was it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice review and good looking watch. I'm sure that there's lots of room for improvement with the accuracy from a little bit of fiddling.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I also just received an Alpha Carbon. In my packaging was a nice "Timegrapher Test Results" sheet for my watch which makes me feel the watches are now being well adjusted before they are being shipped. I love the look of the watch especially the dial texture. The lume is weak, and I may try to get it relumed. I would like to put a black waterproof leather band with orange stitching on the watch, but am having difficulty finding a reasonably priced one one that has a PVD buckle. Anyone have any suggestions? It'll be interesting to see if the month changes automatically, or if you manually have to use the pushers for the month and year. It doesn't matter. It's a great watch for the money! :-!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
I have one and love it. It seems like it was less than $100.
cottontop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts