WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I found this site while researching a GA100-1bv I got for Christmas. Seems to be a pretty solid watch. Then, while shopping the local pawn shops, I picked up a dw9052 for $30.00-looks brand new. So now I'm reading about stealthing it out so, I blacked out the bezel. Now I'm looking for a dw5600ms-1, dw6600-1v or a dw6600-1v. Also own Luminox 3005, 3105 and 3600. The Luminox are nice and all, but the G Shocks seem to be addicting! So which one of the 3 (dw5600ms-1, dw 6600-1v or a dw 6600-1v) should I pick up next? I like the classics but then I've decided there's the Mudman somewhere in the future. With the exception of getting a second job, any recommendations on must-haves for this new-found addiction?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
you must have every model of Gshock out there, EITHER going from basic/classic 5600, 6900, 7900, 8900 to the Masters of G mudman, riseman, gulfman, rangeman, frogman, then next is the MrG, and real classic screwbacks 5200, 5400, 5600C, 5700, 2000, dw9200, dw9700
OR the opposite starting from the Maters of G down to the 5600e

my sincere advice for you is get away from this forum for good, that way you won't have money problems, relationship problems / and we F17 members will have less competition at those auction sites /

you are welcome / lolz

·
Premium Member
13,976 Posts
LEAVE THIS PLACE........ NOW!!!!!!!!!
Seriously welcome. G-fob is right. You will loose your money quick here. We all know this because you used the A-word in your very first post. Addiction.

Here is a link to get you going. G-SHOCK FINDER - PRODUCTS - G-SHOCK - CASIO

What I did when I started was to get some new basic G's. Then I started looking at older G's on the bay that could be picked up cheap and used. G-3010-3011, G-7800, G7710/7700

Here is another link to look up information on G's. Click on the G-Shock link and the G's are listed.
MY G-SHOCK News | Blog | New Releases | Reviews | Casio Mens Watches
It will show you more models than you could ever collect. Unless your screen name is Sjor's .:) You will understand that little joke after you have been here for some time.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome! I had a similar problem when I got my first 1911. Had 12 at one time but have whittled it down to just 3. I figured this watch thing would be the same. The G Shocks to me are like the 1911-you don't have to be a jeweler to mod them and make them your own. I'll just have to look around now and see what's next. I really appreciate (insert sarcasm here) the suggestions on watches I hadn't even thought about. Now the hunt begins!

·
Registered
14,739 Posts
Welcome, id be going for the master of G lines starting with a frogman 1000 and a rangeman, then maybe a Gulfman, you want to buy the special ones first because youll buy them eventually but if you buy them first you might spend less money getting there, or you might just enjoy the basic G,s, happy days all round.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
:-! Tell me about it ;-)

I bought my 1st G-Shock on 11/27/2014
Now I have 4 & also bought 2 for my wife :)
That Seiko & Edifice get no wear time now at all

I almost bought a G9300RD-4 yesterday but thought I should wait till Feb...which is tomorrow
just so it does not seem so crazy addiction wise

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can tell I'm gonna end up with a collection. I found a dw5600 today for 30.00 and I think I'm going to get a dw6900 as well. I do have a non-g I'm looking for-the Seiko Orange Monster, but I'm going to search until I find a really good deal. For now, the G's will probably multiply for a while. I have noticed there are some good deals if you shop around, thus making the addiction all too easy to feed!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Some folks collect stamps, thimbles, shot glasses, and even beer cans. So....collecting G's seems much more fun to me than most things people collect! I get a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction with the hobby. I have loved them since I was about 14 years old and still do. Something about them just make me feel good. Sure, my wife thinks I am crazy but what the heck? lol. Enjoy yourself my friend. As addictions go, it is harmless.....and tons of fun.

·
Premium Member
13,976 Posts
My wife does no understand the watch "thing". All she knows is I have a lot of black watches.
Yes as far as addictions/hobbies go, there are worse things out there that shall not be mentioned since this is a family forum.

Some folks collect stamps, thimbles, shot glasses, and even beer cans. So....collecting G's seems much more fun to me than most things people collect! I get a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction with the hobby. I have loved them since I was about 14 years old and still do. Something about them just make me feel good. Sure, my wife thinks I am crazy but what the heck? lol. Enjoy yourself my friend. As addictions go, it is harmless.....and tons of fun.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The info on here is great. Found the breakdown on the different numbers, letters etc. and it's helping me get specific with what I think I want. I'm having a blast shopping around on the web as well as pawn shops. Half the fun is in the hunt! Also didn't realize there were so many fakes out there! In high school (more than a couple of years ago) I thought G-Shocks were just cheap, plastic throwaway watches. I regret not acquiring some of those $20.00 watches now! Once I get a couple more, I'll post pictures with my Nato Straps I prefer. Thanks again for all of the info! Now, anybody know where the next G-SHock Anonymous meeting is?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome on board - post up some pics when you can f17 loves pics!

This is a great forum of knowledge and like minded enthusiasts. My only advice is to stop looking at your bank account and sharpen up your creative accounting skills :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One last question before I began my buying spree-is it safe to do business with any of the places on eBay that are in Singapore or Hong Kong? Not that I'm naive but as prevalent as they are, are they reliable? Just curious...

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you plan on collecting g-shock's just don't make my mistake. Don't buy G-7700/G-7710 or G-7800 as a first watch otherwise every next watch will look worthless.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought a MRG G1000D as my work watch as well as to satisfied my childhood dream (to own a G-Shock) just about 2 months ago. Now I have 13 G-Shocks and 1 is coming in mail. When I bought the G1000D, I didn't think I would buy another G-Shock, then I looked at a frogman at a shop and was surprised by the build quality of it, and so I bought it. And then I guess the story went on like most people here... :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts