WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 573 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Creating an all purpose thread to discuss new and upcoming Grand Seiko models, in an effort to consolidate the various threads. Let's be courteous/cognizant of leaks (aka avoid them please) since this is a sponsored forum.

Kicking it off with upcoming 9F releases:

SBGV239: 44GS blue dial
https://www.grand-seiko.jp/collections/SBGV239/

SBGT241: 25th Anniversary BoR 1500 pcs
https://www.grand-seiko.com/collections/SBGT241/

SBGV238: 25th Anniversary 44GS SS/Gold 600 pcs
https://www.grand-seiko.com/collections/SBGV238/

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I'm certain that leaks won't be appreciated by our forum sponsors. They enjoy announcing and while in the process reviewing new models themselves. Best we stick to official releases only.

I hope no one starts posting pictures of unreleased models, given it may lead to tighter moderation across the board, and potentially end up ruining it for everyone.

For news on upcoming releases, it's best to head on over to that other forum.

·
Registered
36,325 Posts
I'm certain that leaks won't be appreciated by our forum sponsors. They enjoy announcing and while in the process reviewing new models themselves. Best we stick to official releases only.

I hope no one starts posting pictures of unreleased models, given it may lead to tighter moderation across the board, and potentially end up ruining it for everyone.

For news on upcoming releases, it's best to head on over to that other forum.
What other forum? This is the sponsored Grand Seiko forum.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The sponsors are important to remember. Their interests should be respected as a matter of general courtesy even if not explicit in the rules.

I have never really ever bothered looking for leaks etc as the normal release timeline from the companies is more than enough time to get the models I'm eventually interested in. I guess in more competitive markets getting the news early might help?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm okay with letting this thread die if need be; Hadn't considered that indeed, the sponsors like to post/review watches which would be circumvented by having this type of thread. Sorry to step on any toes!

If not though, I feel GS releases new watches that would otherwise fall under the radar (ex: Wako LE's, Asia only Kasuri dial, etc), which would have a place here?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
This thread definitely has a place. The sponsors typically won't explore every release and user input is essential to keep a forum alive so I would say let's keep it going and see where it takes us.
Agreed. As long as the thread stays away from leaks, I don't see an issue and it's good to have one thread to show all the official releases.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I agree. And the truth is, if any of us sees something pop up on the Seiko website, or see pictures online of somebody handling an actual new release, nobody should be afraid to post it up on here. You're just posting something true. I would say stay away from "leaks" or grainy or unverified mock ups.

Reactions: ahonobaka

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Honestly don't know where else to post this since we don't have a general discussion thread, or a media specific thread, but I particularly liked this video on GS:

Well set up history and value proposition for the brand IMO

1 - 20 of 573 Posts