WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
461 - 480 of 573 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
SBGN025 is a new limited edition 9F GMT coming out in November.

Wrist shot (found online).

For the love of God Grand Seiko, please put a rotating bezel on a watch from this series…

Reactions: watchcrank_tx

·
Registered
142 Posts
That dial is a lot more exciting than the one on my SBGK005. Are they more textured or is it just a flattering photo?
Yes they are more textured. It is applied in two references - SBGN017&025. If I remeber correctly GS depiected the dial texture as representing tree bark.

And IMHO my SBGK005 dial is much more subtle than that of these two quartz beauties.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I’m not sure what GS is thinking when they do limited releases like this.

A 56 unit limited edition SBGN025 is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm not sure what GS is thinking when they do limited releases like this.

I think it is quite normal for them. They have used to issue for many years now very limited editions for large department stores in Japan. Always one LE per given store. Generally for these where they had large sales/displays of their products.

Since introduction of their very narrow LEs for these dept stores they were destined for local GS clients. Evidently larger numbers were not necessary. Bear in mind - this is a LE for ONE DEPT STORE.

Next to those extremely LEs GS runs also some "local" LE - the main one is a LE for their Ginza boutiqies. These LEs are usually in 100+ pcs size.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I'm not sure what GS is thinking when they do limited releases like this.

I'm sorry why? The usual bellyaching is about too many LEs (10,007? ho ho) not too few. This is a special for one department store the other side of the world from America, which you obviously hadn't heard of until just now. So not sure how this can be classified as a "joke" :unsure:

·
Registered
15,182 Posts
I've sold plenty. Some I made a profit, most I didn't. I don't "invest" in watches. I invest in stocks.

If you're upset that you're losing money flipping watches, I don't have much sympathy to lend. Sorry.
It may sound odd, but there are still a lot of people who feel like sinking money on a watch is more of an investment than buying stock in a company.

Only reason I say this is because it's a timeless response here to bash or insult people for saying a watch is an investment, when some look at stock as potentially worthless paper.

I consider an investment anything I put time, energy, or money into and leave it at that. I'm inclusive!

Reactions: Joe90

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm sorry why? The usual bellyaching is about too many LEs (10,007? ho ho) not too few. This is a special for one department store the other side of the world from America, which you obviously hadn't heard of until just now. So not sure how this can be classified as a "joke" :unsure:
I heard about about this release when it was announced and chose to voice my opinion on a watch companies actions for the same reason you do.

It's a goddamn watch forum, it's what I'm here for.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking. Everyone complains that their limited runs are way too big and they need to do the crazy small limited runs like the Swiss do with 500 on the high side or 50-100 or sometimes 4 (JLC) and now GS is doing it and everyone is complaining. No…that in itself is the joke

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
SBGN025 is a new limited edition 9F GMT coming out in November.

Wrist shot (found online).

I came across that wrist shot as well. I wonder if the dial really looks that shimmery in day to day wear or if it is mainly due to the bright shop lights. The renders make the dial look much more matte/subdued.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I came across that wrist shot as well. I wonder if the dial really looks that shimmery in day to day wear or if it is mainly due to the bright shop lights. The renders make the dial look much more matte/subdued.
Hard to say for sure but I think it's the very bright lighting that's accentuating the pattern. Possibly what it will look like outside in the direct sun.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I heard about about this release when it was announced and chose to voice my opinion on a watch companies actions for the same reason you do.

It's a goddamn watch forum, it's what I'm here for.
You didn't elaborate on why a small LE run for a Japanese retailer is a "joke". Is it because they didn't make it available personally to you?

461 - 480 of 573 Posts