WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
481 - 500 of 573 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'm sorry why? The usual bellyaching is about too many LEs (10,007? ho ho) not too few. This is a special for one department store the other side of the world from America, which you obviously hadn't heard of until just now. So not sure how this can be classified as a "joke" :unsure:
My complaint isn't that this is so limited for a limited edition, is that they make these cool versions limited in the first place. I think this one is good enough it should just be a standard version.

·
Registered
793 Posts
You didn't elaborate on why a small LE run for a Japanese retailer is a "joke". Is it because they didn't make it available personally to you?
When did I say that I thought the release is a joke because it wasn't personally available to me?

You are literally making that up.

A batch of 56 commissioned specifically for a store is a bit of a joke to me. In particular the SBGN017 with its white dial. I understand why GS would do it but producing extremely limited SE's like this is silly to me.

Personally I like the white one more but would prefer it on a non textured dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
When did I say that I thought the release is a joke because it wasn't personally available to me?

You are literally making that up.

A batch of 56 commissioned specifically for a store is a bit of a joke to me. In particular the SBGN017 with its white dial. I understand why GS would do it but producing extremely limited SE's like this is silly to me.

Personally I like the white one more but would prefer it on a non textured dial.

Well I have to say that's a whole lot clearer now! Woe betide any manufacturer who makes genuinely small-batch limited editions then! :LOL:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Well I have to say that's a whole lot clearer now! Woe betide any manufacturer who makes genuinely small-batch limited editions then! :LOL:
Apparently woe betide any poster that casually comments their opinion that may ruffle your feathers.

Relax.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I reached out to Isetan about the SBGN025. It will be released on November 11th. First come first serve. Unsurprisingly they won’t ship it abroad.

·
Registered
160 Posts
View attachment 16133147

Actually looks quite nice, both are autos, the men's is the 6L75 and the women's is the 2L75, both with display backs and an extra leather strap. I like (y)

These look pretty nice. I liked the look of the mocume game dial of the GBBY986 so it is nice to Credor using this again in a steel cased watch for half the price.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
What model is the one on the left? Is it for real? Looks like an Sbga211 but not exactly the same (double hour marker at 12 and 6 as opposed to trapezoidal for the latter)

Full writeup for the four models on GS9 Club published 2hrs ago. SBGA465: "Winter arrives suddenly in Shinshu. Frost forms at night on the trees and, for a brief but beautiful moment, glistens in the morning sun before melting away. The fleeting beauty of this phenomenon is captured here." Mastershop models for Feb 2022.

Watch Analog watch Clock Grey Watch accessory

·
Registered
134 Posts
What model is the one on the left? Is it for real? Looks like an Sbga211 but not exactly the same (double hour marker at 12 and 6 as opposed to trapezoidal for the latter)

Its slightly smaller too. Also the power reserve is different. No display caseback im guessing?

·
Registered
174 Posts
These new models use the old SD caliber. Hard to see the purpose of these watches. They seem similar to existing offerings. Any guesses why GS feels compelled to release them?

·
Registered
142 Posts
These new models use the old SD caliber. Hard to see the purpose of these watches. They seem similar to existing offerings. Any guesses why GS feels compelled to release them?
None. Especially if you bear in mind the recent words of the GS President that the current GS offering is bland (don’t remember exact words).

These new models are soooo

·
Registered
229 Posts
I guess they still have inventory of the “older” generation of SD and Autos to be used?

I also wish they would hurry up and use their new movements.

I guess they might have old vs new representing different price points but I feel that most people buying GS will prefer not to compromise…?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I guess they still have inventory of the “older” generation of SD and Autos to be used?

I also wish they would hurry up and use their new movements.

I guess they might have old vs new representing different price points but I feel that most people buying GS will prefer not to compromise…?

It would make a good strategy to let older movements go for less and not price out everyone. Agreed, they need more 9RA2 and 9SA5 pieces. And more dress options with the Omiwatari's 9R31, just with different dials. But these are all 2021 releases -- surely we'll see more next year. Maybe even a December surprise to round out the anniversary.

EDIT: Ask and you'll receive!

481 - 500 of 573 Posts