WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
20201 - 20220 of 22510 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
New LE (5000 units) on Japan-Select for a 8t63 mechaquartz powered chrono. 10 year anniversary for a Japanese rail line it seems. Anyone have anymore info? Can't find a model number. Pics attached are screenshots from the link.

Handsome enough color scheme. Should be a win for any watch+train otakus.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
New LE (5000 units) on Japan-Select for a 8t63 mechaquartz powered chrono. 10 year anniversary for a Japanese rail line it seems. Anyone have anymore info? Can't find a model number. Pics attached are screenshots from the link.

And the train being commemorated is called the Hayabusa, on the case back and around the running seconds subdial. Aside from being the name for a ground breaking beast of a sport motorcycle by Suzuki some decade or so ago, Hayabusa is japanese for falcon, or peregrine falcon. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
448 Posts

great colour scheme for the company but i think it's awful on a watch... looks like it fell out of the "ugly tree" and hit every single branch on the way down....

·
Registered
SLA039J1, GBD200, GBD-H1000
128 Posts

This is different, to say the least

·
Registered
80 Posts
great colour scheme for the company but i think it's awful on a watch... looks like it fell out of the "ugly tree" and hit every single branch on the way down....
Haha! To each their own. I think it works, in a vacuum at least. I dont think I could wear it with any clothes I own.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Luckily you can get the same watch in all sorts of more boring colours for around ¥16,500. Now I kinda want to rebuy SBTR001...

Can anyone explain why a 24h subdial is a thing? I mean, I understand when you get the watch out of the box for the very first time you don’t know whether it’s AM or PM, so having the 24h dial may stop you from doing something you shouldn’t (setting the date in the watch-will-implode-zone). That aside, it seems unnecessary. And for that reason I’m always put off by any watch that has it..

·
Registered
368 Posts
Can anyone explain why a 24h subdial is a thing? I mean, I understand when you get the watch out of the box for the very first time you don’t know whether it’s AM or PM, so having the 24h dial may stop you from doing something you shouldn’t (setting the date in the watch-will-implode-zone). That aside, it seems unnecessary. And for that reason I’m always put off by any watch that has it..
There must be a reason for it, for on almost every Seiko or Miyota movement with a 3 o'clock subdial it is a 24h one. I wonder if the crown position makes it difficult/expensive to have more complicated functionality there.

·
Registered
333 Posts
OK. Think why you need a minute hand or a seconds hand... If you have the hour hand, you don't really need minute or seconds hands unless you need them because you need some 'zoom'. Your question is similar to this one but backwards. In reality all you need is an hour hand on a 24 hour dial.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Coal miners. Never saw the daylight, some of 'em.

Vampires, to know when it's safe to open that coffin lid.

Niche markets, admittedly.

·
Registered
7`` flat wrist w Seiko, Yema, ESQ, Swatch, Casio & Momentum
141 Posts
Arrived yesterday with DHL, I removed the jubilee bracelet and put it on a single pass nato, The lume is a little weak, the bezel turns both ways and doesn’t click, I’m liking it, it’s slim and it has a screw down crown. 😊

Attachments

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Because everyone wants that bicompax or V dial vintage look and in the mecaquartz (VK series) movements that's where the calendar wheel lives.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Arrived yesterday with DHL, I removed the jubilee bracelet and put it on a single pass nato, The lume is a little weak, the bezel turns both ways and doesn’t click, I’m liking it, it’s slim and it has a screw down crown. 😊
Nice watch, congrats, I think you order it after you saw the picture I posted, so it is my fault here :D
Mineral? how big? lug to lug?

·
Registered
7`` flat wrist w Seiko, Yema, ESQ, Swatch, Casio & Momentum
141 Posts
Nice watch, congrats, I think you order it after you saw the picture I posted, so it is my fault here :D
Mineral? how big? lug to lug?
It's my first watch with a cyclops, according to the listed specs it's a 41mm, 11.2mm thick, 20mm strap, mineral reinforced glass, I don't know the lug to lug but it wears very well on my 7'' inch wrist, it even has drilled lugs.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Cavers
Miners
Submariners
Antarctica
24 hours of Daytona
The dial arrangement is aesthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
It's completely unnecessary. The proper chronograph layout is running seconds, 30 minute counter, hour counter. Why 30 minutes? So you can actually read it. The mecaquartz 60 minute counter markers are so tiny that they're basically unreadable, which makes the whole point of the thing moot.

20201 - 20220 of 22510 Posts