WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

20581 - 20600 of 20668 Posts

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
Yup, the issue isn't "lume existing at 3." Seiko's dials run small, but there's still space to put it there. The Samurai has had it forever, and it looks perfectly fine. The issue is that by going to steel rehauts in place of their old indexed chapter rings in many of the newer models, they've decided to put the minute track at the edge of the dial, and move the markers inboard. That look works perfectly well when there's no 3 o'clock pip required, as on the initial SPB14x models. With the new requirement though, regardless of who's responsible for it, it doesn't really work.

It especially doesn't work on the latest MM300s, which have even smaller dials than the standard 28.5mm used in the 4R and 6R based divers. I really cringe though at what the next SLA range 62MAS reissue is going to look like, assuming they make more of them. The 043 just got in under the old spec, but newer ones wouldn't be able to if they want to keep the "Diver's" tag on the dial. There's really no way to fix that without ruining the design.

Who knows maybe they figure out how to make a lumed date window? Nodus did it already

·
Registered
12,425 Posts
I think the answer could be as simple as luming the existing small 15 minute marker in the track. Perhaps for symmetry also lume the minute markers at 60, 30, and 45. No need to try and make it as large as the other full indices. It would be small and not as bright but would meet the spec.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Probably. Open the image in a new tab - the image is called 'Screenshot_2021-02-25-SPB213J1-png-Orange'. Looks suspect to me, as it's a) not February b) not an SPB213 and c) not orange.
Yea that's too bad just saw that. It leads back to the Blue bezel/white dial. I guess someone just played around with the image. It's not that strange of a thought tho since they've made many yellow dials before. It looks nice.

The forum from where it came from also posted a red dialed alpinist which I don't think is real forsure lol

20581 - 20600 of 20668 Posts