WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21061 - 21076 of 21076 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,567 Posts
Yeah I agree. Besides the bracelet I think the case is overall nice though I’m not sure 2900 nice. Probably is though because the king seiko definitely feels $3k(or more) nice in the metal. Regardless no matter how nice it is I just hate spending more than the actual value of the thing. As with the king seiko even if it is as nice as much higher end watches it’s actual value is what people value it at worth buying. That can greatly discount a watch no matter how much they spent to make it. Sad but true, a cheap watch can catch hype and skyrocket in price but at the same time those higher end seiko’s can be had heavily discounted because of how the public receives it. I’ll pick up an alpinist just because I think it’s kind of cool (especially the 36mm case size) but I will surely wait for a hefty discount on it as that would be the price I’d value it at.
For me at least, a +15/-10 spd accuracy specification has no place in a $3K watch.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sapphire and a possibly lumed bezel. Quote from the Seiko site (SNE569P1 | Prospex | Seiko Watch Corporation): "Lumibrite on hands, indexes and bezel".
Nice size but at 45.5mm, a little long on the L to L. Is Seiko's Solar tech improved sufficiently to equal Citizen's Eco Drive?
Seiko website actually says 46.5mm lug to lug. That’s not too long for a 39mm watch. Maybe by Seiko standards? Looks nice and thin at least. Very surprised this has a sapphire crystal. Hoping it uses the mini-turtle bracelet with solid end links. Might be tempted to get one once I see it in person. Price seems a bit steep.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,567 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
For me at least, a +15/-10 spd accuracy specification has no place in a $3K watch.
I’ve seen in a lot of videos that the accuracy for it over a month was way better than what it was rated at. Seiko underrates their movements like the Germans underrate the power of their cars? Lol idk maybe maybe not

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tell that to Oris and TAG Heuer

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I can’t understand the hype of Oris very underwhelming for basically $2k. Atleast with the king you get zaratsu, genuine crocodile and what looks like a very expensive case and dial. Oris just look so average to me.

don’t get me started on tag heuer. I can’t remember the last time someone said they bought one...

21061 - 21076 of 21076 Posts