WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
22441 - 22460 of 22501 Posts

·
Registered
L688.4 5X53 6L35 4R36 7D56 H851 F6922
1,075 Posts
View attachment 16120900
I find it really strange that the “adventure style” watch has 200 meters of water resistance while the “vintage diver style” only has 50m. Also odd how one has a 6R movement at 70 hour power reserve and the other has the 4R with only 40 hours. I don’t get Seiko’s strategy!
The more the merrier!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Grand Seiko is trying to move away from the “omega discount” category of watches and wants to be taken more seriously and as true luxury product where discounts are out of the question such as Rolex or Patek. They are shutting down anyone who they think isn’t fit to represent the brand correctly and value the product. This is part of their plan to retain their value and have a firm foot in the ground as an established luxury brand.
Then they should start with Japan. Most models are always 20% off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 16120900
I find it really strange that the “adventure style” watch has 200 meters of water resistance while the “vintage diver style” only has 50m. Also odd how one has a 6R movement at 70 hour power reserve and the other has the 4R with only 40 hours. I don’t get Seiko’s strategy!
Because it's not supposed to be a diver, or even vintage diver style.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,736 Posts

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
View attachment 16120900
I think Seiko is creating greater separation between the two movements to justify higher prices on the 6R35 models. When the 4R movements became ubiquitous, we all seemed to be asking why we are paying for 6R15 with its nominally better specs when we can get something comparable for less. That is just my impression of things.

·
Registered
960 Posts
That is some repugnant sh*t right there.
If they can't come up with some decent new models then why bother at all?
Seiko is the world heavyweight champion of discontinuing beloved and successful watches.
Unfortunately they're not as good in bringing out NEW beloved and successful watches.
Back to the drawing board guys!

·
Registered
Casio F-91W
1,303 Posts
View attachment 16120900
The watch on the right is not a diver style because it has a fixed bezel. It's a chronograph without a chronograph movement. You may have confused it with the SPB127, SPB129, SPB131 which are the "vintage diver style" models with the 6R35 and 11.3mm thick.
Watch Analog watch Photograph White Watch accessory

22441 - 22460 of 22501 Posts