WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

11621 - 11640 of 18249 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
I don't believe that, sorry.
Companies don't do things for no reason. Why would they stop using a crown that has already been in production, if not to save time or money? Even if it was to be consistent with more recent models that don't have signed crowns, the reason for those models not having them was probably cost. Can you think of any other reason? Genuine question.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Companies don't do things for no reason. Why would they stop using a crown that has already been in production, if not to save time or money? Even if it was to be consistent with more recent models that don't have signed crowns, the reason for those models not having them was probably cost. Can you think of any other reason? Genuine question.
You said it. Consistency. I would add some cliche words like style and heritage. Cutting cost can be applied for cheap models, but for LX line? For all expensive marinemaster models? I don't think so. 6215, 6159 and "Grandfather Tuna" have unsigned crowns. Were they cheap and mass produces? Hell no. Could they made signed crowns back then? We know they could and they did. Nowadays all of Prospex divers have unsigned crowns, the Shogun and the current Sumo are the only exceptions. It makes perfect sense to "fix" that. I even think the laser- etched X will be gone soon.

Изпратено от моят SM-A510F с помощта на Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
When I think SEIKO I (want to) think simple elements of design but with an immaculate execution. Like the japanese way, tradition and craftsmanship. For instance this food item in super smash bros melee:

Now, forgiving that the craftmanship isn't always there, the fundamentals of clean design can at least withstand. Like the black dial with white dots on the 6309. Sure, ROLEX or someone else might have been first with that design but SEIKO perfected it, a slim case SEIKO diver (late 6309, 7002, SKX) or a fullgrown 6309, 6105 are still to this day the pinnacle of watch design. Their quirky designs with shrouds and weird looking compositions like the H558 Arnie are classics too.

I don't know what SEIKO are doing wrong today, if they even are.. But it's almost like they've forgotten what makes them good. They can rerelease stuff, but that doesn't count, and even then they seem to misunderstand their own work.
Came here for the onigiri. Was not disappointed.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
https://klocksnack.se/threads/seiko-prospex-lx.109738/
Check this. Got some OK shots of those. I have ordered the diver, think I might need to buy the Landmaster as well.
The diver is spot on, the Landmaster is an improvement compared to the previous gen Bullhead-styled one but the Flightmaster looks too thick for the part. An airline pilot would opt for a thinner watch to fit under a cuff.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The diver is spot on, the Landmaster is an improvement compared to the previous gen Bullhead-styled one but the Flightmaster looks too thick for the part. An airline pilot would opt for a thinner watch to fit under a cuff.
I like the little differences between the models.
Landmaster: Double sided AR, 14.7mm, 20BAR, applied pwr-bar and logo. Titanium bezel, white lume, discrete sunburst dial.
Diver: Inside AR, 15.7mm, 300m, printed pwr-bar and logo, ceramic bezel, new green lume (Lumibrite v2), matte dial.

I think I might need both. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I’m pretty sure it’s 22mm. I tried to compare with a 22mm watch, seemd like 22mm. Might be 21mm just to piss us off, but I’m pretty sure it’s 22mm. Definitely not 20mm.
22mm would be another step in the right direction. The only downside is that flat vent —the most affordable item in the LX line—wouldn’t fit my mm300.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
22mm would be another step in the right direction. The only downside is that flat vent —the most affordable item in the LX line—wouldn’t fit my mm300.
I have ordered a Borealis strap for it and I have a perfect Breitling strap and Breitling folding clasp combo ready for it. :D

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Oh yeah I see.. The marinemaster designation is gone, I member. Not too shabby though, but the price is higher now too right?`Do kinda miss the giant lume pip on the bezel though.

11621 - 11640 of 18249 Posts