WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

19761 - 19780 of 20821 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
It's really not too far off the genuine article, though one could say that in and of itself is the problem.

^^ I prefer this logo (used on Sumo, Shogun, et. al.) to the "S" currently in use on the Presage models, which looks like it came off of a cheerleader's sweatshirt.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Yes. I do.

• It’s a small logo. It’s really not as big of deal as watch nerds make it out to be.
  • It aligns all of their mid-tier offerings that are performance oriented. It makes sense and streamlines their sub-branding.
  • The names Marinemaster and Alpanist don’t mean jack to anybody outside of watch nerds. I’m a watch nerd and know what those names mean and I don’t care. I know I’m in the minority here.
  • Companies change and update their products and branding. That’s a given and guarantee. When, not if.

The criticism of the Prospex X logo is turning into a tired and worn out trope and sounds a lot like “get off my lawn!!!”
And your post has contributed to the never-ending discussion. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Wonder if seiko really look at this forum or they just live in their bubble happy ever and after drinking green teas
Uh, I think this is the bubble.

A micro-run of a 100 units two years ago for an Italian internet forum made by a Chinese white labeller, and what appears to be no plans to make more, should give Seiko a real-world idea of just how an exact reissue would sell.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Yes. I do.

• It’s a small logo. It’s really not as big of deal as watch nerds make it out to be.
  • It aligns all of their mid-tier offerings that are performance oriented. It makes sense and streamlines their sub-branding.
  • The names Marinemaster and Alpanist don’t mean jack to anybody outside of watch nerds. I’m a watch nerd and know what those names mean and I don’t care. I know I’m in the minority here.
  • Companies change and update their products and branding. That’s a given and guarantee. When, not if.

The criticism of the Prospex X logo is turning into a tired and worn out trope and sounds a lot like “get off my lawn!!!”
Oh God, and then some!

Is it possible to use some form of sophisticated filtering to ignore any threads that talk about the bloody "X"?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Isn't that the S on the crown of the SARB033 (and presumably the SARB035)?
Yes, it’s pretty similar, as shown in the post after my last post. But it was originally shown on dials, rather than on crowns.

Uh, I think this is the bubble.

A micro-run of a 100 units two years ago for an Italian internet forum made by a Chinese white labeller, and what appears to be no plans to make more, should give Seiko a real-world idea of just how an exact reissue would sell.
The Chinese manufacturer made more - it’s also sold as the Merkur Conquerer, which wasn’t a limited edition - it’s just that the logo and printing on the dial and case-back aren’t as nice as the custom one:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Yes, it’s pretty similar, as shown in the post after my last post. But it was originally shown on dials, rather than on crowns.

The Chinese manufacturer made more - it’s also sold as the Merkur Conquerer, which wasn’t a limited edition - it’s just that the logo and printing on the dial and case-back aren’t as nice as the custom one:
That's nicer looking than the Seiko offering, and by a wide margin.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh God, and then some!

Is it possible to use some form of sophisticated filtering to ignore any threads that talk about the bloody "X"?
And the misalignment.

Sent from my LM-G810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joll71

·
Registered
909 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
The new ISO 6425 is the bane of the dials in the Seiko Diver's ... They can no longer the reissue faithful of the original (in this case the Willard 8L has a case totally wrong, but it's an old question...).

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Now they are under the prospex line (the marinemaster and the alpinist) So I don't think we will ever see a watch again with "Marinemaster" or "Alpinist" markings again. In my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
alpinist have been under the prospex name since 1995 the red alipnist just never labelled. but seiko released it under that umbrella. to seiko its a professional level field watch. If the exhibition caseback is taken off the word alpinist will return on the case back and the watches will be thinner a hair.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
alpinist have been under the prospex name since 1995 the red alipnist just never labelled. but seiko released it under that umbrella. to seiko its a professional level field watch. If the exhibition caseback is taken off the word alpinist will return on the case back and the watches will be thinner a hair.
Basing this on what? I don't recall "ProSpex" being a thing until the mid 2010s.

Reactions: R.Palace

·
Registered
526 Posts
SBDX045 isn’t bad at all. I don’t even mind the date because it’s (almost) colour matched and it leaves room for a full lume plot at three o’clock.
Probably a bit expensive being limited and all that though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The date must be a mistake, Seiko's graphic designers did it with the new street tunas too, which are 4R35 with day date. But they've got the wrong images on their website!

Says on dial 8L35.

19761 - 19780 of 20821 Posts