WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ! I bought Antea 365 chronometer and as I have noticed during few days it delays ca. 11s/24h by normal daily usage when compared with atomic clock on the internet - is something wrong ? :think:

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
If it is new, sometimes if you just give it some time to settle in, you will see it start keeping better time. If you are still having some issues after a month or 2, then you might want to get it regulated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My Antea COSC kept +/-1s for the first month. I was absolutely happy with it. Then it has begun to run 9-12s fast, on the first day I wanted to return it to Jörg for regulation...:) After 2 weeks of "running" it seems to ease and keeps +3-4s/day. You can control it if you set it in the position for the night where it runs slowest according to your COSC certificate. So mine runs +3-4s during the day and if I let it "sleep" in the position "6H up" it keeps it overnight.

So keep calm. If the watch runs out of accuracy for several months or so it has to be regulated. Though I absolutely understand your problem as I have a COSC movement, too, so I also wanted that it keeps accuracy as it's stated in its certificate. But as my example shows it, one has to be patient with it as it slowly "settles in".

·
Registered
946 Posts
i've personally never witnessed a watch settling it. whatever it runs out of the box is how it runs from then on out. assuming you are wearing it most of the day, it should definitely be keeping better time. 11 seconds isn't bad, but it's not COSC. and, again, if you are wearing it regularly i would be suprised if it slowed down at all. i'd give it a week or so rather than a few months.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
i've personally never witnessed a watch settling it. whatever it runs out of the box is how it runs from then on out. assuming you are wearing it most of the day, it should definitely be keeping better time. 11 seconds isn't bad, but it's not COSC. and, again, if you are wearing it regularly i would be suprised if it slowed down at all. i'd give it a week or so rather than a few months.
Same here.
A movement runs as it was regulated/cased up in my experience given allowance for wearing habits.
"Settling in" is a WIS urban myth I think.

·
Registered
70 Posts
OK, I wrote:"settles in". I meant with it that it has to be measured over a longer period. Anyway: what do you think about a COSC movement which keeps +-1s a day for a month then suddenly runs +9-12s for 2 weeks and after that +3-4s/day. Could it be that it's got several shocks that caused these anomalies?

·
Registered
946 Posts
OK, I wrote:"settles in". I meant with it that it has to be measured over a longer period. Anyway: what do you think about a COSC movement which keeps +-1s a day for a month then suddenly runs +9-12s for 2 weeks and after that +3-4s/day. Could it be that it's got several shocks that caused these anomalies?
that's kind of strange. i have no idea on that one. i would be interested in hearing some theories, though.

·
Vendor
923 Posts
Hello peterp,

"settles in" can be real !
Please check the watch another few days.
All movements have to "settle in" a few days/weeks, this is our experience.
(at the oment we work on a translation for this matter)

If the movement do not work like we have regulated here in the factory- please send back and we regulate it like it is normal for a STOWA watch. .-)

Please send it after new year because we are also in holidays from the end of the week till 7th. January 2008.

But we solve the problem :)

best regards

Jörg

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey, first post over here. I've been bitten by the Stowa bug and will buy myself a Marine Auto or Antea after the holdiays. I've been really enjoying your conversations. Thank you!

But I thought I would chime in here with my "settling" experience. Over the summer I got an Omega Speedmaster Professional and it ran consistently +20 or sometimes faster if not in the correct overnight position. It sometimes ran +45 if it wasn't crown down.

I went back to the AD and he said to give it a month or two. I reluctantly did so and am now happy to report that it's +2 to +4 a day. I haven't changed anything. It's still resting overnight in the crown down position as it did when it was +20 a day. Weird.

I've just figured that these beautiful little machines are complicated. Maybe mine had sat in a store and needed some TLC and wrist time to make it run correctly. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My experiences are very different.

I've personally almost (>10 watches) always witnessed a ETA2824- based movement settling down. Normally about 10 sec/day from start if basic movement. Only 3 examples what did not. 2 COSC -watches (one Stowa BTW) and Certina DS3. Even my COSC Prodiver settled from about +7 sec/d to level +3 sec/d.

11 second delay (I understand it means slow) is bad. It's not COSC and always in my experience the movement will be slowed down not became faster.

I´d give it a minimum a month to see what happens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts