WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Quick question, just received an Antea small second silver and have been using it for a few days. I believe i have completely wound the watch a few times, and the wind seems to last about 12 hours until the watch stops. I've been reading that mechanical watches should last up to 30 hours per wind. Is it possible my watch has a defect or is this just how long the Antea runs off a complete wind?

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey guys!

Quick question, just received an Antea small second silver and have been using it for a few days. I believe i have completely wound the watch a few times, and the wind seems to last about 12 hours until the watch stops. I've been reading that mechanical watches should last up to 30 hours per wind. Is it possible my watch has a defect or is this just how long the Antea runs off a complete wind?

Thanks for reading!
Hey Stormwarde,

How many turns did u make ? I used to have this problem with my hand-winding watch (omega speedy)
The problem is I thought i did study and ensure myself that approx 40 turns will make the full wind (you can see tons of thread about hand winding watch and mostly it was ended at 40.

REALITY: we cannot make full turn by our own fingers when winding, mostly was only 1/2 to 3/4 round each turn...... Then..... To reach the 40 full turns, we might have to wind the crown at least 70 turns (my hand-widing watch make 80-90 turns to make it completely wind) and it last over 42 hrs.

hope this would help
Happy New Year Everyone !!

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,411 Posts
Are you sure it was fully wound in the first place. Wind it up until you feel resistance and stop winding. Should now be fully wound and runs according to the specs.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just got mine as well and am new to hand winding. I initially thought I was fully winding it when it would push back some when winding but then kept going until it obviously will not wind any farther.

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
With (fairly gentle) fingers you won't break it , with pliers you might (so don't use pliers!)

It'll come to a definite stop when you reach the top. just don't force it

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Thanks everyone problem fixed with more winding, just didnt want to break my new watch!

happy new years!
Great to hear. Was starting to question the robustness of the Peseux after seeing issues people have posted lately. Glad to see this one was a false call. Enjoy your Antea!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts