WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been viewing the dive watch and Aquadive forums for a while now but not really posted , as I just took delivery of a new bronze diver thought I would make my first post on these forums about it !

I had been looking for a new watch for a while , have quite a few inc Helson skindiver , Steinhart ovm and Helson bronze shark diver 45mm ( recently sold the ovm so had a space allowed by the better half for a new purchase !) . Tried a longines legend diver but didn't really bond with it so returned it , tried a Helson sharkmaster 600 but the crown dug into my wrist so that went too. Then I noticed the Aquadives on these forums , looked to be exactly what I was after so began deciding , couldn't chose between the stainless steel or bronze so emailed them , got to say straight away the customer service was superb , emails responded to very quickly and friendly service.

Anyway obviously I chose the bronze and from order on Easter Sunday it arrived today. Onto a few pics if they show up correctly !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The watch has way exceeded my expectations , everything feels so solid , it's the perfect size at 43mm I feel as well .
Caught a glimpse of the lume after being outside for a while playing with the kids and its fantastic , seems like it will last all night no problem.

Never tried an isofrane strap before either but I can't imagine a rubber strap being more comfortable , as someone who's wrist can very in size a bit during different activities the adjustment available is something I'm not used to but very welcome !

The bronze is all shiney now but can't wait to see how it patina's over time , going to try not to artificially patina it like I did in the past with my bronze shark diver , will see how it goes naturally and as I'm on holiday in a couple of months will see what affect the sea has.

The dial is superb as well , it's vintage looking in that its painted rather than the white gold surrounds etc on so many watches these days , I ended up selling the Rolex no date sub I had a few years ago as I just couldn't get on with the surrounds compared to the old vintage 5512/13 painted markers , so this little touch makes the watch all the more special for me !

Anyway as someone who has bought and sold quite a few watches I think this one will be a keeper for a long time.

·
Aquadive forum moderator
5,644 Posts
Congrats on your new Aquadive bronze, I have one also. With respects to change that all bronze cases go through, I elected to let nature take its course and have the appearance have an overall well baalnced look to it.

·
Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator
6,386 Posts
Congrats on a fine timepiece. It's exceeded my expectations as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts