WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this watch (WBD1112) three weeks ago for my 40th birthday. I just looked down and noticed the indice that is supposed to be at the 8 o’clock position has come loose.

I’m beyond disappointed. I’ll have to take it back to the AD next week. Hopefully, I’ll be able to return/exchange it rather than sending it out for service.

·
Premium Member
6,483 Posts
Ouch. Hope you can get it replaced.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it resolved quickly and easily. I’ve owned 2 Tags and they have been bulletproof. This is likely and anomaly.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
That should be fixed under warranty. I had a Seiko dial break similarly but on the underside - broken dial feet and the dial just spun in place. This looks like a similar construction with those tiny little pegs holding it into the dial. The correct fix is a new dial (in my opinion) but they could just as easily glue it in place and be done with it so, if you're up to the challenge, make sure you let the AD know you don't want a kludge but rather a REAL fix.

Keep us posted. That's not a bad looking watch at all.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I would ask for a new watch. Who's to say that after they make the repair, another will come loose.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would ask for a new watch. Who's to say that after they make the repair, another will come loose.
That’s my concern. I’d prefer a whole new watch. I’ll have to see what the AD says on Tuesday.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took my watch in today. The AD spoke to someone at Tag. The watch will be going back for a new face. Supposedly, the service is being expedited so I should see my watch back in about a week.

I’m still pretty disappointed but hopefully my watch will be as good as new in a week.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I used to work for a company selling watches online. I did QC for awhile. My dad did the repair and cleaning. The amount of brand new tag heuers from factory that I had to send to him.... ugh. New never means perfect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I returned the extra links and warranty card for the old watch when I got the new one. The AD said they will deal with it when it comes back from Tag. I’m not sure what they will do with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts