WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its my first Oris and I'm truly impressed with the overall build. I was a little hesitant on the white face as it did look a little feminine from online pics. But, in person it looks great. Killer deal that I couldn't pass up. Probably not for everyone but I have enough black or dark face divers.

I'll post some more pics later. Model number is in my sig. Haven't seen anyone else on this or any other forum with this model so thought I'd share.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lume shot

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Chris! I'll get some various photos posted soon

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For sure ;-) I wanted a white face diver. Haven't found a deal on a white rolex explorer ii 42mm and the omega great white is too small for my liking. Plus already have new omega ceramic blue seamaster.

The bezel is not as shiny as it looks in the pics online. More matte like the grey aquis date bezels. Was hoping so.. That's what looked most feminine to me online.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
This is the smaller diameter Aquis, correct? I freaked out for a second, thinking they added a 43mm with a white face (a possibility after the recently added green and orange flavors). I would kill for a white face w/ silver bezel.

But anyways... very nice watch and pictures!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This is the larger version. 43mm..

There is a smaller 36mm and 40mm ladies version on white rubber or ss but this one is 43. See pic from oris site.

Yeah would be nice to see mine with another silver or black bezel. May have to get one.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This is the smaller diameter Aquis, correct? I freaked out for a second, thinking they added a 43mm with a white face (a possibility after the recently added green and orange flavors). I would kill for a white face w/ silver bezel.

But anyways... very nice watch and pictures!

White Face-Silver Dial on the 43mm. Heres a mock-up of how it would look (this is just photoshop, not actual Oris model)

11578_733_7676_41_53_mb.jpg

·
Registered
2,821 Posts

There is a smaller 36mm and 40mm ladies version on white rubber or ss but this one is 43. See pic from oris site.

Yeah would be nice to see mine with another silver or black bezel. May have to get one.
It would look so great with the black bezel! The tungsten bezel shown above looks awesome, too. They should offer the white dial with a couple of bezel options in a kit. It's so versatile.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agreed. I'd pay extra for a few bezels.. Now it's time to find some bezels.

·
Registered
160 Posts
White Face-Silver Dial on the 43mm. Heres a mock-up of how it would look (this is just photoshop, not actual Oris model)
That is a sexy, sexy watch! Thanks for making that. The only thing I would tweak would be silver or stainless hour markers. Maybe one day Oris will entertain this fantasy of mine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's crazy. I looked at their website yesterday before posting and only saw the two smaller ones. Must have missed it. The other thing that threw me off was that your bezel is similar to the one on the smaller models, and not like all of the other 43mm versions I've seen. I wonder why they chose to leave off the small minute markers between 12 and 3 on this version?

You probably could switch out the bezel if you could somehow get your hands on one. I know a few people have popped them off to brush the lugs (when converting the bracelet from polished to brushed). I doubt Oris would just mail you one though, which is really unfortunate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is a sexy, sexy watch! Thanks for making that. The only thing I would tweak would be silver or stainless hour markers. Maybe one day Oris will entertain this fantasy of mine.
No problem. Going to mock up a few more when I get back home from Vaca. Maybe we can convince oris to let us tweak!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's crazy. I looked at their website yesterday before posting and only saw the two smaller ones. Must have missed it. The other thing that threw me off was that your bezel is similar to the one on the smaller models, and not like all of the other 43mm versions I've seen. I wonder why they chose to leave off the small minute markers between 12 and 3 on this version?

You probably could switch out the bezel if you could somehow get your hands on one. I know a few people have popped them off to brush the lugs (when converting the bracelet from polished to brushed). I doubt Oris would just mail you one though, which is really unfortunate.
Yeah not sure why they excluded small minutes either. Threw me off at first too. Maybe they made these for larger women or those that like bigger time pieces ;)

I'm sure they wouldn't just send one. Hmm buy another aquis date and swap bezels. Now to find another aquis that would look good with the white bezel. Lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think the watch look really nice. But I think it would look at lot better with the rubber strap in my opinion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts