WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys have seen this watch a thousand times but this is the first new (not just new to me) Speedy Pro I've purchased. I was on the fence about buying new vs. used but decided that if I'm going to keep this watch (this is the 3rd time I've purchased one), I need to put my money where my mouth is. :)

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

Fashion accessory Brand Logo Metal Leather

Logo Emblem Circle Graphics Metal

·
Registered
311 Posts
Awesome, always loved the Speedy. I've been toying with getting one myself. This would make a great item to purchase and hold onto for awhile, maybe pass down to someone else....or just wear the crap out of it!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Congrats on the Speedy! This watch keeps singing to me but I have so many other things other than watches that I need to save for :/.

Reactions: torifile

·
Registered
128 Posts
Beautiful watch. A classic indeed. You should replace your car emblems with that medallion to let everyone know you have a Speedmaster.

Reactions: Toothbras

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats, I hope you got a great deal.
Thanks. :) I did get a great deal. The eBay seller I used was awesome - fast communication, shipping and from an AD so it's warrantied.

This watch will be a keeper because I hate losing money which is why I always bought used. Trying to flip a new watch quickly is a guaranteed money loser so it's more incentive to keep for a while.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
3 times? #3 times you say...lol
Congrats on a great iconic watch..

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beautiful! 3rd time's the charm as they say. Why did you flip the other two if I may ask?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The first was because the Apple Watch was coming and I thought I would only wear that. To some extent, that's still a concern/consideration. I'm a tech geek and I love gadgets so it's hard for me to skip playing with new toys.

The second time was because I bought a really expensive guitar and felt guilty about having a nice watch and nice guitar. (I'm over that now :D)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Its a engraved in a WIS to think of plan B (to flip). 99.99% of the time we flip irrespective of how much you like, bond and what not.
Cause there is always that other watch out there that's causing you an irresistible itch which you will inevitably scratch, sooner of later. :-d

But until all of that happens, enjoy wearing the legend. Congratulations.
Oh yeah. Usually people tend not to get bored with the speedy pro thanks to its versatility with straps. You probably be there soon. :-d

Thanks. :) I did get a great deal. The eBay seller I used was awesome - fast communication, shipping and from an AD so it's warrantied.

This watch will be a keeper because I hate losing money which is why I always bought used. Trying to flip a new watch quickly is a guaranteed money loser so it's more incentive to keep for a while.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congrats! I received the same set last week!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts