WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to an AD and picked up a white and black 216570 EXPII last Thursday. the white one was for me and the black one was for a good mate of mine.

i must say they both looked striking in person. have been wearing mine since and i'm loving it.

it wears about the same as the 116610 and 117610 to me on the wrist.

here are some pix for now.

lume pic:

some wrist pix:

hope you liked them :-!

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Wow what a pair, just beautiful! How about some pics of the back and clasp?

How is the fit and wrist presence? Any major differences from its predecessor?

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Very nice.

Although for the previous generation I preferred the black face definitely think that white is the way to go on the new release.

Congratulations!

mike.

·
4,408 Posts
They are both quite stunning!

The first real home run Rolex has had since the Milgauss.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Re: They are both quite stunning!

Can you measure watch thickness? I played with new EXII in Amsterdam airport this morning and it felt very massive.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
the white one was for me and the black one was for a good mate of mine.
Can I be your mate too please? :-d
Absolutely stunning pair. It's made my first Rolex selection even harder now.
Enjoy and wear in good health.
Cheers,
Capt

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats- two beautiful pieces. Can't decide which one I like more- the black or the white dial- both are equally eye-catching.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Absolutely stunning..

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
went to an AD and picked up a white and black 216570 EXPII last Thursday. the white one was for me and the black one was for a good mate of mine.

i must say they both looked striking in person. have been wearing mine since and i'm loving it.

it wears about the same as the 116610 and 117610 to me on the wrist.

here are some pix for now.

lume pic:

some wrist pix:

hope you liked them :-!
Thanks for these pics. I've got the Explorer II bug at the moment and I'm tormenting myself as to which colour to buy! Owners feedback and any opinions much appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I first saw the 216570 it immediately spoke to me like no other new model has (Rolex or other). I've gotten used to larger watches and have a 7 1/4" wrist so subs and GMTs seem a little small to me. After I tried on the 42mm Explorer I knew I had to have it. After researching it and armed with all the great information from the very knowledgeable members on this forum I picked up a white dial version two days ago. Thanks to all that have taken the time to post on this forum!

View attachment 759398

This is my first new Rolex from an AD. Here's a wrist shot:
DSC_0082 copy.jpg
And a Lume shot:
DSC_0072 copy.jpg

The new bracelet and clasp finally equal the quality of the rest of the piece compared to earlier models. The size is perfect to me and I think it wears extremely well; with the fairly flat back it doesn't rock on the wrist like my previous experiences with the brand. While some don't, I love the proportions of the case, lugs, indices and hands.

Why did I go with the white dial? 1) It's more unique. It'll never be confused with a Sub or GMT; black dials are great but a little too common in my opinion. 2) I found the white dial easier to read than the black. 3) It's more subdued. The white gold? on the hands and dial of the black version dress it up more so than I think the Explorer should be. The white dial with the black hands and index surrounds provide a more casual, stealth look which is what I was going for.

Thanks again to all those that contribute to the forum for making my decision an easy one.

·
Registered
619 Posts
More of a vintage guy myself but this one is starting to call to me. I like the white one.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
congratulations... but I still don't like them. The giant hands just look clownish to me. I haven't seen a rolex manufactured within the last 3 years that I actually like.

I do love the orange GMT hand though, ala 1655.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts